PACK 390 lightweight awning

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Hi

Pick up our new van in the new year and had been planning to go for the Sunncamp 390 tunnel type porch awning which seemed to get generally good reports apart from the problem common to most porch awnings of the join down the side of the van. I've heard the PACK 390 includes additional poles to reduce this problem - anyone any experience of them?

Thanks

martin

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Make sure that the distance from the ground to the awning rail is at least 250 cms otherwsie you will have a problem. If you want a better fitting awning, go for the Outdoor Revolution Compactalite Plus. This is a very sturdy awning and is selling for about

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Sorry I meant to add that we tried the 390 Ultima for one night but our caravan is only 230 cms in height so it was unsuitable and we returned it to the shop.

If you contact the shop and speak to Adrian and ask about it, you may get a virtually brand new awning at a discounted price.

As we cannot advertise the name on this forum if you do a search for a campinmg shop at Denholme Mill, Burnley Road, Luddendenfoot, Halifax I am sure Adrian will be able to help.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Ian

I agree that the advertising ban on this forum can sometimes give rise to confusion but if you're providing helpful information as you are here then you're allowed to name the shop.

A general guide is that if you own the shop you can't advertise it and member's aren't allowed to sell goods via the forum.

Where complaints are made against companies, shops, holiday parks etc it's best not to name them on this forum but for good service, bargains etc you can mention names.

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
hi martin

i have had both the ultima 390 which i took back as it would not fit and had a pack 390 as a replacement the pack is very similar,the differences are the sides by the van have sponge pads and two poles that clip to them,and the flyscreens are in the windows not in the doors it also does not get so much condensation on the roof hope this helps you

bill

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Hi Ian / Bill

Thanks for the info guys. I'll need to check the rail height (Pageant 7 Bretagne)

Halifax a bit out of my way Ian (Chester) but the PACK sounds to be what I'm looking for. Can only go by what people report so good to hear that you've experience of both Bill. The PACK sounds promising - it must be new to the market as I've seen no comments elswhere to date. Do you consider the fly screen better fitted to the windows instead of the doors? (Haven't seen either in the flesh yet)

Thanks again

Martin

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Hi Martin,

See http://www.springfield-camping.co.uk/SunnCamp/Ultima+390+2008/551/pc Delivery is free. All you need do is pick up the phone and they will deliver and you are covered by the Distance Selling Regulations if there is a defect with the awning.

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
hi martin

i think the flyscreen in the window is better because the one in the door has the draught strip on it so you have to close both zips all the time hope that makes sense

bill

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Not sure Bill!

When talking about windows do you mean in the ends of the awning or in the curved sides / face of the awning. I think I need to see one!

If the fly screen is in the window - that must mean the window opens independant of the door (?)

Sorry if I'm sounding daft!

Cheers

Martin

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Not sure Bill!

When talking about windows do you mean in the ends of the awning or in the curved sides / face of the awning. I think I need to see one!

If the fly screen is in the window - that must mean the window opens independant of the door (?)

Sorry if I'm sounding daft!

Cheers

Martin
martin

sorry about that, the windows on the ends have the flyscreens on them. the windows roll up and fixed with velcro on the outside. hope this helps

bill

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
martin

sorry about that, the windows on the ends have the flyscreens on them. the windows roll up and fixed with velcro on the outside. hope this helps

bill
Thanks Bill - that does sound a good idea.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts