Panorama XL porch awning

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Anyone had any problems with these awnings yet? my window parted company with the door panel it ripped at the seam. I bought it from Homestead Caravans in Essex who where very good and sent me a new panel the next day.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I am writing a letter to Practical Caravan regarding this kind of awning. If anything happens with it dont expect the guarantee to be worth anything. You will be told its storm damage. If you have the kind of awning peg strap thats pictured in the review (August edition) change them if possible to the normal stronger ladder type straps as the ones supplied are no stronger than a thick perished rubber band and break easily. I did a bit of homework on some campsites and some Sunncamp awnings do come with the stronger straps unless the owners have changed them themselves.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Big Roy

Yes - I read on another forum about an Panorama XL owner who had his awning replaced twice because window panels came away from the fabric. He has now changed to a Sunncamp one and is apparently happier with it.

Regarding Chris's comments, I think any product you buy has an inherent warranty period of 12 months minimum, for manufacturing defects. The onus would be on the manufacturer to 'prove' that you had used it in an unsuitable manner, or conditions if they were refuting a claim. Also, I can confirm that our Sunncamp Scenic Plus came with good quality 'ladder' type pegging straps.

Apr 7, 2005
Visit site
Hi Big Roy

Yes - I read on another forum about an Panorama XL owner who had his awning replaced twice because window panels came away from the fabric. He has now changed to a Sunncamp one and is apparently happier with it.

Regarding Chris's comments, I think any product you buy has an inherent warranty period of 12 months minimum, for manufacturing defects. The onus would be on the manufacturer to 'prove' that you had used it in an unsuitable manner, or conditions if they were refuting a claim. Also, I can confirm that our Sunncamp Scenic Plus came with good quality 'ladder' type pegging straps.
Big Roy,

I posted the question of which awning was the better some time ago. Of the few members that replied to my query (very grateful to them all),it seamed that there was no difference apart from the price. I managed to find a supplier that had both models in stock and compered them. From my basic knowledge of tents the SunnCamp looked the better. Better made, better quality, bigger size.

I purchased the Sunncamp Scenic Plus about 1 month ago and have given it a hammering for that month. It has survived 2 kids, 1 drunk caravaner, and an annoyed wife!!!

I know its to late to advise you now and hope you get the same fun from the little awing as i have!!

Apr 7, 2005
Visit site
Big Roy,

I posted the question of which awning was the better some time ago. Of the few members that replied to my query (very grateful to them all),it seamed that there was no difference apart from the price. I managed to find a supplier that had both models in stock and compered them. From my basic knowledge of tents the SunnCamp looked the better. Better made, better quality, bigger size.

I purchased the Sunncamp Scenic Plus about 1 month ago and have given it a hammering for that month. It has survived 2 kids, 1 drunk caravaner, and an annoyed wife!!!

I know its to late to advise you now and hope you get the same fun from the little awning as i have!!

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Big Roy,

I know its to late to advise you now and hope you get the same fun from the little awning as i have!!
It was the Sunncamp Scenic Plus that I ordered from Awnings Direct& Tents Too of Newcastle upon Tyne. They told me they didnt have any in stock but had a Basecamp Panora XL which was the same price and spec. It was the Basecamp that had the cheap peg straps that broke. They were very polite and efficent in the delivery. When I rang them 4 months later about the straps breaking they didnt want to know. The person I spoke to (Sid)kept saying "its storm damage", and "its only a tent". If it was up in a storm I would find it more acceptable but it wasnt, the forecast was a moderate breeze. I paid

Oct 11, 2005
Visit site
Marion

I'm the new owner of a StarCamp Porch Awning (same as SunnCamp I believe)that simply doesn't seem to fit my normal size caravan. It's easy to put up (and away), but always has huge gaps around the edge which should abut the caravan wall. If I pull the two poles outwards there's a huge gap, and if move them inwards then I have a 8 inch flapping hole next to the walls. Can someone help a confused caravanner who wants to enjoy some sunshine on winter days without the draft!

Jun 1, 2005
Visit site
We had a compactalite awning it rip from one end to the other after many complaints we were told it was "Storm Damage" we argued the case and in the end got a full refund but it took alot of complaining before the company paid out.

Jun 28, 2005
Visit site
Marion

I'm the new owner of a StarCamp Porch Awning (same as SunnCamp I believe)that simply doesn't seem to fit my normal size caravan. It's easy to put up (and away), but always has huge gaps around the edge which should abut the caravan wall. If I pull the two poles outwards there's a huge gap, and if move them inwards then I have a 8 inch flapping hole next to the walls. Can someone help a confused caravanner who wants to enjoy some sunshine on winter days without the draft!
hi,we had the same problem when we bought our panorama one,apparently they are only any use if you have a new van,as,in our case ,ours is old the height is a lot smaller,ours is apparently 7 foot 6,the new vans are 8 foot,so that is why you have big gaping holes either side.luckily the shop we got ours from took it back and we got our money back.we had to buy a full awning for ours in the end,adrian

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts