Park Closures

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
In the current situation I have tried to use my card to pay rather than cash. I do wipe any screen and payment keyboard although if a payment is under £45 the card can be used with out touching the keys so should be perfectly safe.
If you use cash, it is the change you should be wary of. £3.69 in change requires at least nine coins that could have come from nine different people, any one of which could have been infected. Cards are infinitely safer.
If filling up the car I would wipe down the pump handle and trigger as that is a very obvious risk.
I take your point about coins and money. Back in 1999 my father and I travelled to India to visit his old airbases. On arrival in Delhi our guide warned us about the risk of bugs on money particularly notes. Then there was no sanitiser or hand wipes and soap and water couldn’t even be guaranteed in toilets either. Gin poured onto our handkerchief was our solution. Rinsed off with bottled water.

Last edited:
May 7, 2012
Visit site
No I used an antiseptic wipe. I have since learned the correct procedure but I am a long way off needing to fill up again.
I am told you can use vodka, although it a bit expensive as a sanitiser.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
No I used an antiseptic wipe. I have since learned the correct procedure but I am a long way off needing to fill up again.
I am told you can use vodka, although it a bit expensive as a sanitiser.
There’s a gin distillery on our storage site and they have started to make sanitiser. Waste of good gin. 😂

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts