park on the beach??

Feb 15, 2007
Visit site
Does anyone know of a GOOD SITE ON THE BEACH in Cornwall it must have loads to do on and off site for kids and adults alike as well as the essential bar for evening entertainment

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I've never really stayed there, only called at the reception for a brochure then found they didn't accept dogs. The site from the road looking down looks idylic.

Read reviews here ... http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/reviews.asp?revid=2595

Dec 27, 2006
Visit site
Par sands holiday park at Par on the south Coast 3 miles east of St Austel. used to go there when the kids were younger. swimming pool, tennis courts, bowling green and crazy golf, beach a stones throw away and a pub and restaurant at the entrance (not run by the site. Not the cheapest site but the kids used to love it. Also some super pitches with TV hook up.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks, i have looked at that one what is there to do in the evening is the clubhouse quite big or is it a bit old fashioned
There's always plenty to do at pentwan, during the season there's nightly entertainment in the clubhouse with all that you would expect, or if it's just food and a drink the downstairs bar would do the trick, we've been going there for years.

Feb 15, 2007
Visit site
There's always plenty to do at pentwan, during the season there's nightly entertainment in the clubhouse with all that you would expect, or if it's just food and a drink the downstairs bar would do the trick, we've been going there for years.
thanks sounds like what i`m after

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
Sister & bro-in-law went to Pentawan (in a static) last year and loved it.

You get a really good view in Google Earth, but it looks horrendous with the tourers on top of each other (compare it with Trewetthet Farm or Godrevy Park and you`ll see what I mean), but its obviously popular.

Sep 28, 2007
Visit site
i have stayed on Trevornick years ago with parents, it must be 15-20 years ago! We went about 4-5 years on the run for our main holiday, meeting up with lots of other families - all unarranged, obviously very popular.....

Me and my brother were both teenagers and the park was ABSOLUTLY SUPERB, walking distance to the beach and the activity park/centre thing next door, golf and fishing on site as well. i actaully spent 2 whole weeks fishing on the fishing ponds - it was a bit of an obsession at the time!

would recommend it - definitely.

Jan 20, 2008
Visit site
We stayed at Pentewan Sands in July 2006. It's worth paying a premium for a sea view-try Row B - we had no.13 as the pitches are larger. The clubhouse is on 2 levels with a restaurant downstairs and evening entertainment on the upper level. We only went to the club once during our stay as the weather was fab so we just enjoyed the sea views and barbecues most evenings. It's a good site and the beach is literally on your doorstep. We would certainly go back to this park the next time we decide to visit this part of Cornwall. However, you do need to book quickly if you're going in peak season.

Jul 4, 2006
Visit site
We stayed at Pentewan Sands in July 2006. It's worth paying a premium for a sea view-try Row B - we had no.13 as the pitches are larger. The clubhouse is on 2 levels with a restaurant downstairs and evening entertainment on the upper level. We only went to the club once during our stay as the weather was fab so we just enjoyed the sea views and barbecues most evenings. It's a good site and the beach is literally on your doorstep. We would certainly go back to this park the next time we decide to visit this part of Cornwall. However, you do need to book quickly if you're going in peak season.
If you want to go a bit further down into deepest darkest cornwall theres St Ives bay holiday park which has touring pitches - never stayed there myself but walk through there in the winter quite often it's in the dunes about a couple of minutes from hayle beach across the bay from st ives. As I say I'm not recommending it just saying it's there. Google earth will show you the position you cant miss it

Jul 4, 2006
Visit site
If you want to go a bit further down into deepest darkest cornwall theres St Ives bay holiday park which has touring pitches - never stayed there myself but walk through there in the winter quite often it's in the dunes about a couple of minutes from hayle beach across the bay from st ives. As I say I'm not recommending it just saying it's there. Google earth will show you the position you cant miss it

TRENDING THREADS