Parking at Ouistreham (Caen) Ferryport

Jun 18, 2008
Visit site
Arriving from Portsmouth 22.30 with caravan. Want to park overnight but not familar with layout. Ditto on way back for 9.00 ferry. Googlemap does not show much open space.

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
We arrived at 22.00 last August to find people trying to pull up on the roadsides. I do not think there is much other parking space.

We will be going again in August - arriving at 22.00 but we will be stopping overnight at Chateau de Martragny on the N13 - head towards ~Carn ring road - follow signs for Cherbourg - you will end up on N13 - 10 mins along this road you can exit at Martragny - carry straight on and turn right into Chateau drive. You can pull up on any vacant pitch and check in in the following morning.

Apr 9, 2005
Visit site
We always stop at Les Hautes Coutures at Benouville, just down the road from Caen. They stop open late for the ferries, its only minutes down the road.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have crossed on that time ferry many times and as Judy says Les Hautes Coutures at Benouville, which is alongside main Caen road about two miles from port is ideal. Much better than roadside parking. There is a lower parking area which allows you to drive on and pitch without unhitching and it has alectrics. Last year I was the only van there in early September and again in late Sept on my way home.

Site is clearly visible on Google maps and is alongside Caen canal and has access via security gate to towpath for a short walk to Pegasus bridge and the village.

Ian

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts