Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I assume you are crossing over from Portsmouth. This is my "local" ferry port and it is very busy at all times, even off season,and I am not too sure if the authorities would look favourably upon extended stays before embarking. You don't say for how long you wish to stay at the por, or where you are travelling from.If you are looking for an overnight stay there are CC Club sites at Winchester (Portsmouth 40 minutes) and Rookesbury Park, Fareham (Portsmouth 30 mins)and a commercial site at Southsea. If you are looking for an extended rest stop before embarking then there is a service station on the M27 (Rownhams)approx 30 mins from Portsmouth. Hope this helps. Get back to me if I can be of further help.

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Tom,

I'm assuming you are referring to overnight stay at the port in Ouistreham after the crossing not at Portsmouth prior to the crossing.

I have seen postings on here before saying yes you can stay overnight at the dockside but on the three occasions I have used the late afternoon sailing I have went to the Les Haute Coutures site and stayed there for the night. The site is only about 10 minutes drive from the dock, just off the dual carriage way leading to the main road south. Clean, tidy and set up for receiving caravans from the ferry, staff are there ready to quickly book you in and direct you to your pitch. Would recommend this rather than stay on the dockside. If you did a google search for Haute Coutures you will find more details. It features in the Caravan Club travel brochure and Select Sites brochure as well.

If you are looking for a site close to Porstmouth prior to the sailing I would recommend the Caravan Club's Rookesbury site.

Robert

TRENDING THREADS