Pastiche roof vent problems

Jul 17, 2020
Visit site
Hi folks... im back again, and todays problem has been a long running one.... i have a coachman pastiche 530 (2004)

Ever since buying this a couple of years ago ive had an issue with the roof vent/fan leaking... its just a drip but enough to ruin my roof over time if i dont get it sorted.... ive tried resealing it and the seal around the lip of the vent appears to be holding well.... no difference, so im actually starting to think that the vent itself is to blame rather than the seal.... now, im on a ridiculously tight budget and to be perfectly honest id be happy to just seal the whole thing up... i dont use the vent anyway.... looked for a vent cover but they all seem to be for 14x14 vents.... measured mine and its more like 16x16.

Does anyone have experience with this model and could someone point me in the right direction for what to get or what to do.... as i said, im happy to render the vent unuseable.... i just need to get this leak under control.... id mastic a shallow plastic box over the top of the whole thing if itd work.... just need advice.... and please remember.... thanks to the global situation and impact on income i need to stay well under triple figures on cost...

Thanks in advance. Steve

Jul 17, 2020
Visit site
Intended to completely remove unit and reseal from scratch... as it happens, the unit was still stuck fast all the way around, not being able to remove it with what i had to hand i thoroughly cleaned and dried the outside and ran a generous bead of sikaflex all the way around the edges... i know that its not recommended to do it that way but not being able to remove the unit it was the best i could do... i was up there today fully expecting my ad-hoc solution to have failed but on careful inspection its absolutely sealed tight... however, upon removing the interior portions of the vent i spotted a large crack travelling upwards in one corner.... its on the inside and above the level that water would settle on the roof, but my guess is that capillary action is drawing the water up through that crack.

Im thinking i have no choice but to replace the unit entirely.... though im happy to forgoe the fan and just fit a basic vent/skylight.... its 400mm2 standard so not hard to get one

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts