Paucity of sales information

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Having a while before supper I decided to look at some used caravan sales. What I found suprisng is that not one website gave me the complete information that I required. That information is pretty basic. It is MRO, MTPLM and overall length. Very few seem to give both MTPLM and MRO so payload cannot be ascertained. One large dealer in Somerset gives external dimensions of height and width but no external lengths. They do give internal length but regrettably my drive only takes the whole caravan and its length.

I can only surmise that the gaps in information are deliberate so as to direct you into conversation with someone at the dealership. But not wishing to enter into social intercourse it does make short listing a more time consuming activity than it should be.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Very good point Clive.
Maybe they should learn from the car adverts on autotrader. Everything is there except the weights :silly: :woohoo: :whistle:
Does Fat Club have an interest :evil:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Very good point Clive.
Maybe they should learn from the car adverts on autotrader. Everything is there except the weights :silly: :woohoo: :whistle:

DD, leave FC out of this. :p

OC I think you are correct, when a mate of mine went to the local Vauxhall dealer, to look at an Enigma ? They could not tell him the basic weight or the towing limit. Very poor service. Nothing on door posts.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Dustydog said:
Very good point Clive.

DD, leave FC out of this. :p

OC I think you are correct, when a mate of mine went to the local Vauxhall dealer, to look at an Enigma ? They could not tell him the basic weight or the towing limit. Very poor service. Nothing on door posts.

Every EU car should have a weights plate, as it also carries the type approval number which is a required plate for sales in the EU. If not in the door frames it may be in the engine bay, fuel filler door, rear hatch/boot.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Quote " when a mate of mine went to the local Vauxhall dealer, to look at an Enigma "

I am not surprised they could not supply that information, Vauxhall do not make that vehicle, they do , however, make an Insignia. :p

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Damian-Moderator said:
Quote " when a mate of mine went to the local Vauxhall dealer, to look at an Enigma "

I am not surprised they could not supply that information, Vauxhall do not make that vehicle, they do , however, make an Insignia. :p
Hutch,
After all your hospital trips you should know you take an Enigma before the operation :whistle:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts