paying for awnings

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I've been going through lots of holiday parks with a view to getting more holidays this year, and I can't help noticing the increasing number of sites that charge for awnings.
Some charge only £1/night, but one I found yesterday charges £3.50 per night extra. I find it very hard to understand why some sites make this charge, especially after already adding for EHU, wi-fi etc. I would expect costs for water supply, general maintainance, grass cutting etc to be met within the price of the package you choose, so does anyone know why they do it? Myself, I think it's greed, but thats my opinion!!
What do the rest of you think?

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
No charges for awnings at any club sites nor at most CLs and
CSs. Rallies and meets likewise have no charge. The same for dogs. Remember that
CLs and CSs and rallies don’t normally charge for children either.

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
crazyguider said:
I've been going through lots of holiday parks with a view to getting more holidays this year, and I can't help noticing the increasing number of sites that charge for awnings.
Some charge only £1/night, but one I found yesterday charges £3.50 per night extra. I find it very hard to understand why some sites make this charge, especially after already adding for EHU, wi-fi etc. I would expect costs for water supply, general maintainance, grass cutting etc to be met within the price of the package you choose, so does anyone know why they do it? Myself, I think it's greed, but thats my opinion!!
What do the rest of you think?
Daylight robbery.. vote with your feet and find somewhere else

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
I love the sites that charge for everything. Lol
Van plus two adults
Kids - EACH £
Visitors - each £
Second car £
Dog - each £
Electric £
Awning £
Pup tent, £
The list goes on, dont know how they get away with it, id vote with my feet but enough must pay so they keep charging.
Cheers
John

Feb 1, 2009
Visit site
hi..
the cost should be for the pitch and thats it.. it shouldnt matter what you put on it. whether its an awning, a plant pot or nothing... its not as if an awning is going to damage hard standing like it damages grass after a while...
its pure greed

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I agree with all of the above, but unless you tell the site owners why you are walking, they'll just carry on regardless. Unfortunately, firms like EasyJet have shown that you can get away with stripping out basic elements of a service and charging for them as 'extras', provided what you are offering is in demand. It'll not be long before some enterprising site owner will start charging extra for bringing a tow car, I suspect!
smiley-surprised.gif

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Well I agree with the comments made. Vote with your feet.
We plan to use just CL's this year. Easter week inc Good Friday £10 per night. 2 weeks in August down in Cornwall £10 per night and August bank holiday weekend £11 per night. Bang on I think.
We just avoided the money grabbers asking for extra money for extras. One CL in Devon once you added it all up £39:50 per night. Stroll on son.
Happy caravanning to all.
Neil. :)

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Some sites just seem to see charging fort awnings, dogs and anything else they can think of as a way to make money. If you do not want to pay there are plenty of sites that do not charge so use them.

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
hi all,
while I would agree with the sentiment posted above, there is another way of looking at it,
take one of these sites that charge for everything, then deduct all the extras that you might not use, like EHU, awning, ect.
then assume some visiting the site won,t have dogs or kids, and go there in low season.
you then find some of these sites are very cheap, some way below the average cost of a site that has one price with no extras.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts