pc banking problem

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Hi everyone

Can any of you PC techies help out? I'm trying to log in to my bank account on Nationwide, but everytime I click log in I get a diagnose connection problem.

If I use the old PC I can get through but it's a very old PC and is to slow.... but I can't get through on my laptop.

I am using IE9 can anyone shed some light on it please?

thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We had a similar problem with HSBC a couple of weeks ago, when I phoned their helpline they suggested clearing the browsing history and after I did that I got on to the HSBC site first time,I don't understand why it worked but it did.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Smiley
1) Try to open the web page on which the 'Diagnose Connection Problem' link appears
2) Click on the Diagnose Connection Problem link and follow the steps to resolve the issue.

If the diagnostic tool reports that there is no connection problem or that a problem exists but it can't be resolved using the tool then you will have to perform a manual troubleshoot.

1) Check that all cables to your computer and to the internet connection are plugged in and secured properly
2) Open Internet Explorer and enter one of the following addresses into the address bar at the top of your browser:
http://www.microsoft.com
http://www.msn.com

If there are no connectivity problems when these addresses are typed into the address bar contact the owners of the website in case there are issues at their end.
If this is not the case it is sometimes possible that the IP settings or network configuration
that you receive from the Internet service provider are incorrect or
must be updated.
Try turning the computer off, switch off the wireless modem if you have one, leave it for a few minutes before switching back on and trying again.
If this doesn't work check your firewall settings. Left click Tools <<Options<<Security<<Exceptions and add the address of the website you are trying to use into the plug ins address bar.
Click Here to read the Microsoft support network troubleshooting guide for further instructions.

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
Smiley,
In the past i have had problems logging on to my own bank useing IE9. They said they had problems with IE9 and to use another browser. I used Firefox or Google Chrome and both worked. Hope this helps you.
Hamer

TRENDING THREADS