PCv Magazine Subscription due

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Just read last year's ones, almost the same stuff every year.
I’m with you Hutch. Admittedly there is only so much that can be said about Caravans but the issues seem to have got thinner and thinner. Their “destination” pieces are all the same ( insert picture of landscape and local food here) and the reviews of vans new and used are not reviews at all as they hardly ever mention even the most obvious design flaw. I cancelled my subscription a couple of years ago. I flick through one in a supermarket occasionally to see if it is worth going back. Not yet convinced
mel

Reactions: Hutch and Dustydog
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Just read last year's ones, almost the same stuff every year.
I cancelled several of my magazine subscriptions, due to the repetition of the contents. Happy enough to sit in the Barbers( not hairdressers ) and read the magazines left there.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Sadly, if we all go down the non renewal route, and I fully understand why, will the PCv Forum survive?
I confess my subscription renewal came through last week, One year for £44.99. Not bad considering it includes p&p.
BUT why is the Forum , imo, totally ignored and unsupported by the Editorial staff??
Looking at the wide free ranging subjects ragged to death on here I suggest their is enough data to fill a magazine for many months👍🤪🤪

Aug 24, 2020
Visit site
Considering the magazine is called Practical Caravan, there's surprisingly little that's practical in there.

Every month when my magazine arrives, I jump straight to the Skills School in the hope that there'll be something there telling me how to do something I've not been doing quite happily for the last twenty years. There's not been anything for a while now.

I get that any responsible hobby publication has to regularly repeat the stuff that newbies need to know to stay safe. I'd like to see alongside that some owner-written articles about projects we've done on our caravans. I'm currently working on "how I fitted a reversing light to a caravan that's too old to have had one as standard", which will be followed by a high level brake light. I'll send it to PCv, whether they print it is up to them but if they don't, I'll post it as a thread here.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
So far i am still paying subscription for some time now but like what you been saying is it worth it . the latest magazine has just arrived and will see what it like and make a decision whether to cancelled

Last edited:

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
BUT why is the Forum , imo, totally ignored and unsupported by the Editorial staff??
Looking at the wide free ranging subjects ragged to death on here I suggest their is enough data to fill a magazine for many months👍🤪🤪
A lot of subjects here are not very flattering to the caravan industry. Maybe its a case of not wanting to 'bite the hand that feeds you'.

But to digress slightly - aren't most magazines of this type the same whatever the subject. They get stale for the seasoned users. Many of them are just flooded with adverts and little editorial.

I confess that the CAMC magazine takes up about 5 mins of my time before being recycled. If there was a way not to get it I'd give it up. Even the NTS magazine is getting repetitive after you've been to most of the places.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Considering the magazine is called Practical Caravan, there's surprisingly little that's practical in there.

Every month when my magazine arrives, I jump straight to the Skills School in the hope that there'll be something there telling me how to do something I've not been doing quite happily for the last twenty years. There's not been anything for a while now.

I get that any responsible hobby publication has to regularly repeat the stuff that newbies need to know to stay safe. I'd like to see alongside that some owner-written articles about projects we've done on our caravans. I'm currently working on "how I fitted a reversing light to a caravan that's too old to have had one as standard", which will be followed by a high level brake light. I'll send it to PCv, whether they print it is up to them but if they don't, I'll post it as a thread here.
I am not sure if the fitting of reversing or rear view cameras has been written about or even reviewed as I do not subscribe. I am sure there could be other articles of interest. We only buy the magazine occasionally as not that many articles that would interest us.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Just received a letter your subscription from Practical caravan is going up again due to costs increasing so i have cancelled it

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Just received a letter your subscription from Practical caravan is going up again due to costs increasing so i have cancelled it
Mine was £44.99 inc p&p for 12 issues. That’s £3.75 per issue.
£5.75 of bought off the news agents shelf.
I considered abandoning my subscription. If we all abandon purchasing the magazine wouldn’t that be the end of the Forum??
Sadly BB everything is going up except my pension!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I considered abandoning my subscription. If we all abandon purchasing the magazine wouldn’t that be the end of the Forum??
You will get your Triple Lock increase next April (y)

Aug 24, 2020
Visit site
It's a fair point - if the print magazine goes under, so does the forum and all the website content.

Reactions: Dustydog
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
i was offered 6 issues for £21.99 but now i am not towing i prefer to buy it.(y)

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Most of the numbers come from ABC Audit.
These are the latest. Earlier circulation numbers can be checked. PCv used to print the number of copies sold but this data no longer features. Not sure why?

CCC recently released this list in their latest report . They produce and distribute 300,000 plus copies per month
CAMC 381,358.

BBC Country file39,216
MMM31,475
Country Walking28,465
Trail27,311
Practical Caravan25,845
Caravan Magazine13,009
Practical Motorhome12,399
Climb Magazine11,000
The Great Outdoors9,034

Reactions: otherclive

TRENDING THREADS