Peeling tape strips

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I think we all at one time or the other have come across the tape that covers the joins curling at the edges. Very annoying and no matter how many times you glue the tape down, it starts to curl again within weeks. I have come across a solution on another forum where the poster bought a 5m strip of 25mm x 25mm Flexi Angle from eBay and then used Evo-Stik Serious Stuff Flexi Bond to stick it onto the join.
However the post on the other forum is over 6 years old and may have been applicable then to use the Evo-Stik glue. Is it a good idea to use the Evo-stik serious stuff flexi bond glue? I have a pdf file of how he did it, but don't think I can attach it to this post. It does make for interested reading. I guess is may be okay to copy and paste the relevant bits on the pdf plus insert photos. as don't think there are any copyright issues. Mods input please.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
You can also buy replacement tape to match the original wall board - if you google '
'wallboard bonding joint cover strip tape'
you will find a variety for sale in 5m or 10m rolls.

'

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
You can also buy replacement tape to match the original wall board - if you google '
'wallboard bonding joint cover strip tape'
you will find a variety for sale in 5m or 10m rolls.

'
On a previous caravan we tried it and after awhile back to the tape curling again. So after a couple of months back to square one! We then used "2 Part Plastic D Mould caravan wallboard trim" which worked okay however on our current caravan the D strips may look out of place. Before we put on the new strips, we will check in a cupboard first to see if the new white angle trim is suitable and acceptable instead of being glaringly out of place.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
You can also buy this (available from ebay sellers et al) rounded profile which might better match joints in the ceiling board and protrude less. I presume you could use a double sided sticky roll (like the strips supplied for number plates) which would be easier to use neatly than any liquid adhesives. It's a common problem so perhaps you can let the forum know how you got on when the job is completed?
20mm White knock-in up to 3mm wall board panel join T Trim x 2.5 Metre length

Reactions: JezzerB
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I have the same problem with some of mine. One in particular. I have tried a hot air gun and pressing in with a cloth. This had limited success.

I am conscious that whatever I use overspill can look a mess. So this time we went away I took some Copydex to try. This never happened as it had dried up in the tub. But it might be successful.

I needed to fix other things so I bought this. Fantastic stuff, just check out YouTube. But it was not ideal for these damn things.

So I have just ordered a 10 metre x 25 mm roll at £23.95 inc. Far more than I need so may have to do it every couple of years.

Getting hold of it for me was the hardest thing with Lunar going bust. But it looks like the new Lunar have the same, mines called decadence. (I eventually discovered).

I bought it from Kenmore caravans over Ebay because the chap I spoke to was extremely helpful.

John

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts