Peewit Caravan Park Felixstowe

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Just arrived home after spending a week at Peewit.This is our 11 year we have spent our Summer holiday here and each time on arrival made to feel very welcome. The site is flat and your outfit will take little levelling up,Each year we arrive to find something new about this site and this year it was the addition of new new ladies and gents toilets hotel quality .Felixstowe Docks are an attraction just to see the biggest container ships in the world dock here .More about the site I really cant add much as it is a site to visit .The site is made up of a touring field and Statics situated in front of the tourers but you will always be met with a welcome from the static owners as well. Nothing is too much trouble for the owners or the groundsmen here Terry and Dave will always be on hand in the event of problems. Thats about it really I have to rush off now to get ready to return on Thursday. :)

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
Really looking forward to visiting this site , owners seemed relaxed when booking over the phone. Opted to visit July 20th week as the 'War and Peace Revival festival', Folkestone Carnival & Air show are held, google the events! :)

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Dewy ..I can assure you you will love this site .I have just booked for Easter to make our 12th year of visiting this site.
Its a five minute walk to the beach and a short drive to the Docks where you will be able to see the biggest container ships in the world. I wont tell you more and spoil it. Yes the ownesr are great nothing too much trouble.Liz . Christine.Andy Dave and Terry wonderful bunch .
Sir Roger

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
Any keen birdwatchers will enjoy visiting Landguard Point, which is renowned for rarities turning up. There is a ringing station and observatory in fenced off area of wartime buildings, with recent sightings posted on a noticeboard to the right, as you enter.
It is reached along the same road (Viewpoint Road) that you take for the container ship viewpoint car park. You can park for the bird watching area on the left, just before the Landguard Fort car park and walk through some metal entrance gates, or if that small car park is full, there is a bigger car park just on the right. The area is flat and suitable for wheelchair users or mobility scooters, with a decking pathway towards the point. Watch if you walk over the grassed areas for rabbit holes, though!
The container ship viewing car park is a little further on and has a good cafe with a deck area overlooking the comings and goings into the docks. There are toilets here too.
Landguard Fort is worth a look around, also Felixstowe Museum, which is beside it.
We've never stayed at Peewit, but can recommend the spotless Moat Barn Caravan Site at Bredfield, from which we reach Minsmere one way and Felixstowe the other, with good birding areas in between.
By the way. Make a trip to north Felixstowe to Felixstowe Ferry, where there is a great 1950's style cafe.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts