Pegasus 534 on Order

Jun 13, 2006
Visit site
Well,

After much thought, I have gone ahead an traded my Compass Omega 544 in for a Pegasus 534. I have seen both good and bad reports for the Pegasus - but at the end of the day the 10 year guarantee sold it for me. Just hope I do not live to regret it!

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mick

IMO a good choice.

Bailey have stuck their necks out with a ground breaking construction method. Internally I didn't like the Peg at first . Had a good look again at Chipping Sodbury last thursday and have to say it does have everything the Senator has. Maybe the decor is minimalist but then that's a good thing today isn't it?

Have lots of fun mate .

Cheers

Dustydog

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
We pick our Pegasus 524 from Chipping Sodbury on 15th & can't wait.

I like the minimalist design, I just wish Bailey used the much nicer worktop from the Olympus in the more expensive Pegasus!!! My only other niggle is the folding leaf table, great idea, not so great in use.

Hi Mick,I have a Pegasus 514 and love it.Two things I had agaisnt the Pegasus was that it didnt come with a gas change over regulator and the onboard water tank was small.I got my dealer to take the regulator off of my Senator and put it on the Pegasus(no charge) and i bought another auqaroll and plumbed that into the water system(its simple).The 2 side storeage compartments are much more user friendly than one big front locker.

Jun 13, 2006
Visit site
Hi Mick,I have a Pegasus 514 and love it.Two things I had agaisnt the Pegasus was that it didnt come with a gas change over regulator and the onboard water tank was small.I got my dealer to take the regulator off of my Senator and put it on the Pegasus(no charge) and i bought another auqaroll and plumbed that into the water system(its simple).The 2 side storeage compartments are much more user friendly than one big front locker.
Scott,

Does this mean you can use both the aqua roll and the on board tank? I

Jun 13, 2006
Visit site
Scott,

Does this mean you can use both the aqua roll and the on board tank at the same time? If yes, would be interested on how you managed it.

Scott,

Does this mean you can use both the aqua roll and the on board tank at the same time? If yes, would be interested on how you managed it.
Hi Mick

No I can not use 2 aquarolls and the onboard tank..one of the aquarolls replaces the onboard tank..take the onboard tank out and leave in the house untill winter

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Zafiral

I find the folding leaf table in the Senator a real boon. A bit on the heavy side but stable and spacious.

What don't you like ?

The front locker is a hard one for me. I use all the Senator's space especially for the long wooden planks for levelling. I also use Steve in Leo's levelling method so in fairness I guess I could manage the Pegasus arrangement.

Cheers

Dustydog

Cheers

Dustydog

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Hi Mick

We have had our Pegasus 534 since Dec,we had a 2008 Abbey GTS before this van and had so many problems with it so it had to go.We are very happy with the fixed bed (very comfortable) and the end bathroom although tight is a great.Up to yet the van has been faultless and with the extra,s as standard make the van a good buy, hope you get many years of great caravaning

Tony

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
Dustydog

I find the foldover flaps don't lie level and are all to easy to knock when our 8 year old daughter gets up from the table. With the knee rolls on our S7 Pageant the table is too close to legs so it gets knocked even more.

I have nipped my fingers in the flap more than once & the weight is annoying for me, I can see it being a real downside for anyone arthritic.

Thank goodness the table on the optional front chest on the Peggy is pull out rather than foldover so you can use without having to empty the chest top.

As I said it sounds a great idea, but in use I prefer the Olympus setup.

Jun 13, 2006
Visit site
Hi Mick

We have had our Pegasus 534 since Dec,we had a 2008 Abbey GTS before this van and had so many problems with it so it had to go.We are very happy with the fixed bed (very comfortable) and the end bathroom although tight is a great.Up to yet the van has been faultless and with the extra,s as standard make the van a good buy, hope you get many years of great caravaning

Tony
Thanks Tony,

Good to receive a report from someone who actualy has the van and is happy with it. Like most things that require a significat amount of money to purchase, you are never quite sure you have made the right choice. However, if I were to wait for a van that only ever gets positive reports, I would be too old to enjoy it!

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Scott

Am thinking about a Pegasus 514 but wife is concerned about possibility of condensation on the GRP inside walls. Have you experienced any?

Gerry

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi Mick

We have had our Pegasus 524 since early March and have taken to three sites. Very pleased, so far, no problems unlike our last Abbey. We have used with temperatures below freezing at night and insulation seems brilliant. No sine of any condensation on inside walls, if anything the complete reverse, walls feel warm to the touch even when freezing outside. 524 has a heater vent in washroom, very useful for drying towels and hanging up wet gear if not using awning. We have used suck on hooks that stick to fibre glass walls, to hang towels etc. Some people have commented on cost of servicing but I hope that new build system will avoid the cost that I was looking at for dealing with damp in back corner of my Abbey that was coming up for 5 years old when traded in. We choose the 524 as it gives us bigger living and floor space as we have a Golden Retriever and a Labradoodle who share the van with us.

Enjoy your new van. Henry

Jun 13, 2006
Visit site
Have just returned from our first weekend away in the new van (Pegasue 534).

Very pleased with the van - just a couple of minor points: 1. the fold out table is of a very poor standard. (The leaves do not line up with the rest of the table) 2. The water pump is very noisy. 3. Shower screen catch not up to the job.

But having said all this - I am Happy with my choice.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts