Pegs for hard standing

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
Good afternoon collective.

We picked up our 1st Caravan at last Friday and had a fantastic first trip on a local CL site which was lovely soft grass pitches

This weekend we are booked onto a CC site which has hard standing.

What are the general thoughts on the different types of pegs available for hard standing - Rock pegs, screw pegs etc.

Thanks

Gareth

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
All cc sites sell pegs suitable for hard standing, make sure you have a heavy hammer, as it takes some clout to get the pegs into the hardstandings.

Afterwards a glass of guiness to replace the sweat.

Happy Caravanning.

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
We use CC sites a lot and all year which means a lot of hardstandings. Agree with Royston, it is hard work, tried some screw pegs with a cordless drill but they just did not work, did not screw in cleanly just gouged out a large hole. Maybe technique so will give them another go one day.

It helped by changing my rubber mallet for a lump hammmer, they really do need a good clean heavy blow.

Pegs in hardstandings can be very frustrating, you can sweat for ages banging them in and then sometimes find they will pull out easily. Make sure they are angled away from the direction of pull on the bungee, they are less likely to pull out then. Also get yourself a peg extractor if you havn't already done so, its only a bent wire with a handle on but makes it so much easier to pull the pegs out.

Good luck & enjoy.

Bill D.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Bill I found the same problem as you regarding the screw pegs. What I do now is use a lump hammer to knock them in and the drill to remove them because they go in more firmly than the normal rock pegs. I struggled to remove most of the screw pegs with the extractor.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts