People are unbelievable!

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
On the CAMC group it has been mentioned about the facilities where at one members only site the showers were closed off and the water switched off. Some person took it on themselves to turn the water for the shower block back on and then entered the shower area. The same thing apparently has happened at one to two other sites. At one site as you entered the gents toilet there was a dump in the middle of the floor.

What sort of person flagrantly ignores the rules and commits a criminal offence? What sort of person does a dump in the middle of the floor leaving it for others to pick up? Absolutely disgusting behaviour!

I am so glad that we have always preferred our own facilities after finding a dump in a shower cubicle many years ago. What sort of mentality are we getting amongst people who use caravans?

• Wow
Reactions: DaveA1 and JezzerB
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
On the CAMC group it has been mentioned about the facilities where at one members only site the showers were closed off and the water switched off. Some person took it on themselves to turn the water for the shower block back on and then entered the shower area. The same thing apparently has happened at one to two other sites. At one site as you entered the gents toilet there was a dump in the middle of the floor.

What sort of person flagrantly ignores the rules and commits a criminal offence? What sort of person does a dump in the middle of the floor leaving it for others to pick up? Absolutely disgusting behaviour!

I am so glad that we have always preferred our own facilities after finding a dump in a shower cubicle many years ago. What sort of mentality are we getting amongst people who use caravans?
I agree with the criticism of those turning on the showers that’s not on. Perhaps the “ dump” was someone caught short and cubicles in use, or a child. If if an adult they certainly should have cleaned it up, but possibly embarrassment got the better of their mental state. Who knows, but it’s nit something I’ve come across other than helping to shield and help a young woman who had such a problem on an underground platform.

Mar 29, 2021
Visit site
To be fair, if you call an organisation a club then expect people to consider ownership theirs
Perhaps the person decided they had paid to be a member so had cart blanche to all facilities?

Lots of blurred ground I thought when I was a member of the CC

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
To be fair, if you call an organisation a club then expect people to consider ownership theirs
Perhaps the person decided they had paid to be a member so had cart blanche to all facilities?

Lots of blurred ground I thought when I was a member of the CC
As presented there is no idea why it happened. Accidents do happen, and what differentiates heroes from the rest is how they respond in a crisis. Before the criticism of CAMC goes along its normal lines, I've found dirty toilets can be seen on private caravan sites, 5 star hotels, submarines, aircraft etc and anywhere. Sometimes the lack of a loo brush prevents the cleaning up, and other times there are just people who don't give a .....

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
As presented there is no idea why it happened. Accidents do happen, and what differentiates heroes from the rest is how they respond in a crisis. Before the criticism of CAMC goes along its normal lines, I've found dirty toilets can be seen on private caravan sites, 5 star hotels, submarines, aircraft etc and anywhere. Sometimes the lack of a loo brush prevents the cleaning up, and other times there are just people who don't give a .....
No one can blame the club or the wardens for this type of scenario. Regarding the shower issue, the warden should have shut the toilet block completely giving the reason. The majority of caravans have their own facilities and can be used.

Reactions: JezzerB
Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
I cannot understand why anyone would flagrantly do this-loo, emergency, maybe but shower-surely if your van shower had broken you'd speak to the site owners and negotiate a repair and showers on arrangement with them-wouldn't be impossible-the implication here is that someone took it upon themselves to open the shower block and take a shower in defiance of the rules of the site and lockdown-and that is why lockdown has lasted longer perhaps than it should-plenty of people see the advice and try to ignore it-some of it was maybe daft but some in place for good reason. But as has been said before , rules are rules. Shame the block wasn't lockable perhaps.
I am of the 'we use our own facilities brigade'. As a youngster I camped a lot-and now have an inbuilt hatred of the tramp across to the shower block and an even greater hatred of using a loo that someone else has just used. We bought a lovely well equipped caravan to use the lovely equipment-our on board shower is as good as a domestic shower in terms of heat though maybe not water volume and if on a fully serviced site there's no more worry about water than you'd have at home. Just don't get it but each to their own-if you can't use your own then at the moment, best not to go.

Reactions: DaveA1
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I cannot understand why anyone would flagrantly do this-loo, emergency, maybe but shower-surely if your van shower had broken you'd speak to the site owners and negotiate a repair and showers on arrangement with them-wouldn't be impossible-the implication here is that someone took it upon themselves to open the shower block and take a shower in defiance of the rules of the site and lockdown-and that is why lockdown has lasted longer perhaps than it should-plenty of people see the advice and try to ignore it-some of it was maybe daft but some in place for good reason. But as has been said before , rules are rules. Shame the block wasn't lockable perhaps.
I am of the 'we use our own facilities brigade'. As a youngster I camped a lot-and now have an inbuilt hatred of the tramp across to the shower block and an even greater hatred of using a loo that someone else has just used. We bought a lovely well equipped caravan to use the lovely equipment-our on board shower is as good as a domestic shower in terms of heat though maybe not water volume and if on a fully serviced site there's no more worry about water than you'd have at home. Just don't get it but each to their own-if you can't use your own then at the moment, best not to go.

At the Broadway site the water for the showers was physically turned off at the mains. The guilty party used their own tools to turn the water back on and removed the barricade so that they could shower. Broadway is a member only site.

I do not know if the other site in question had the water turned off etc.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site

I totally agree that the shower blocks should have been locked if the regulations say no shower facilities. But Im puzzled as to why our local indoor swimming pool can have showers open which you are requested to use on entry and the same ones are available after a swim, and there's not the ventilation to the open air that you get in a caravan site shower facility, plus the showers and changing areas at the swimming pool are communal. Puzzled or what?

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I totally agree that the shower blocks should have been locked if the regulations say no shower facilities. But Im puzzled as to why our local indoor swimming pool can have showers open which you are requested to use on entry and the same ones are available after a swim, and there's not the ventilation to the open air that you get in a caravan site shower facility, plus the showers and changing areas at the swimming pool are communal. Puzzled or what?
Aren't those cold showers so no humidity to carry the virus?

May 24, 2014
Visit site
It never ceases to amaze me how disgusting people are. The number of people on these sites that dont clean down after themselves staggers me. I can only speak for the gents facilities but the state they leave the loos in makes me think they leave them like that at home for their wives to clean after them. Perhaps they think they are too good to do menial things like that, but then again the face of camping and caravanning, and the people doing it is changing beyond all recognition.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I stopped doing cold showers many years ago, but even if they were cold, which they were not, there will be humidity and aerosol of which the latter seems to be the major source of transmission. Hard surfaces now being deemed low risk of infection, according to CDC less than 1 in 10000.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I think if the people that had turned the water on and used the showers should be chucked off the site and banned from all club sites for good, as for the scum who messed on the floor they would be removed from the site and if it was a child then the parents should be removed and banned permanently, I’ve never heard of such disgusting behaviour.

BP

Mar 29, 2021
Visit site
Here at the family owned site Im on the shower doors are locked.
I did wonder to the validity of "turning on the stop tap" to make a row of showers work.
Presumably the toilet block in question has hot water taps, so wouldn't they too be fed by the same source as showers?
I'm wondering if the warden hasn't taken "Appropriate measures" and is making an excuse.

Mar 29, 2021
Visit site
Darren, not looking at the map, as just got back from the pub, is the site walking disstance to the site.
Drop pin is the Hotel, not a brilliant screen shot but tells you what you need to know.
The caravan site last bit is along a narrow road, something I avoid to be honest but once there it looked as we cycled past it Tuesday to be a very pleasant location.
Last year we walked around the lake, there maybe not 100% sure a lakeside path not a million miles from the site directly to Mary Mount Hotel. I can recommend the cheese covered chips (Tuesdays coffee stop on pushbikes), yesterday we called for Lunch, Sausage Panini and onion rings👍.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210422-055510_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20210422-055510_Maps.jpg
    950.4 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: Hutch

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts