permanent caravanning

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
Hi Bill. I've been to Ronda a couple of times but I was keen to see Acipino. I intended going from Seville but I ran out of good weather and decided to leave it and go from El Pino, but never got around to it. Maybe next time!

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Gafferbill said:
Hi Jaydug.........hopefully we will see you in Elpino next January :)

We spent at week in Olvera and visited Ronda and Acipino in early March.
So much so we plan to visit again next year with bikes as there is a cycle track there.
If you want any info please email me........I will ask the moderators to forward my address.

Email passed on.

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Hello Ian the builder, yes many sites open all year as mine does, but no worries, if not you just up sticks and go back again! I have large-ish caravan - 4 berth, fixed bed, and full bathroom etc....Loads of storage, more than I need. Have done some serious downsizing and I miss nothing of what I got rid of. Could move on anytime (work permitting) Fixed bed is a good option for living in but I would not bother for holiday use only. :)

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi abi,,thanks for reply,,,yes i was looking at a couple of fixed bed models yesterday were they elddis something,,ive seen so many i get confused,,didnt realise there were so many layouts etc,,i will be getting a fixed bed purely because i like the fact that the bed is permanent,,and the storage underneath is great for my tools etc,,i also liked the rear bathroom in it,it was a good size shower and bathroom generally, Im not bothered about de cluttering cause the more i walk round here and see what i have amassed in the last 14 years the more i realise what a load of stuff i have i dont need,,,eg tv in every room,,clothes i dont and will never wear, There is more than enough space in a good 4 berth for me,(with a full size awning etc) ,,at least the house im going to sell will allow me the oppertunity to start afresh with a pretty good van and 4x4......and as for work i have discovered a site that advertises work on campsites both in uk and europe and although the money isnt massive the free pitch and use of facilities for what appears to be a few hours work a day is handy should i need it and you never know some sites may need some proper building work done at a price to suit all.....and i have also just found a site that is advertising for bricklayers in germany,holland etc and that is really good money (£1000) per week,,,better than here !! lol are you living in yours full time abi?

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Good morning Ian the builder, yes it's confusing all the different makes. My original van (abi brooklyn) had seen better days and was seriously leaking thro different joints and beyond saving! I liked the idea of no timber in the frame and decent insulation so now have a Bailey Pegasus it's not knew (expensive!), but like knew and 4yrs old.. Towing weight is lighter for the size too. I also looked at Elddis and considered a swift conqueror but the bailey won! big rear bathroom fixed bed and decent size lounge seating are a must. As for downsizing, it was easy as over the last couple of years I've sold it, given it away or dumped it! Yes I live in it, I work full time locally and this site is privately owned with very nice owners. A few of us here are in the same situation so I'm not the only one. No need to go anywhere yet, but maybe one day.....?

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi abi,,i hope all is good for you, but then the weather weve had today im sure its going lovely !! i have sorted the van im going to get its a unicorn,valencia,im sure its an eldiss but could be a bailey ! lol nice size 4 berth,4 years old and like yours looks and feels like new,so im happy,, it sounds like your lucky with your site having good owners,people about,,im now just treading water for a few months,,got some remedial work to do in the house before sale then hopefully i will be all good to go,,,at the very least im hoping to be away from here by sept,just in time to settle into the van before i take the plunge and do the winter abroad,,, hope you and yours are all well and if the weather stays like this what a summer were going to have,,,all the best ian..

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
thanks abi,,all other stuff is going ok,busy making lists and selling stuff from the house,trying to get rid of all the rubbish i have amassed over the last couple of years,,lol had lots of work offers from hampshire area and sussex so im looking forward to getting sorted now,,i think its going to be a long couple of months,,lol hope you and yours are all well have a good day,,ian..

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi Isn. We are going to swap our van for a Unicorn Valencia. Just for holiday use but I can see why you chose it for full timing. Good choice. Have you got your hands on it yet?
Mel

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
no mel but great yarmouth caravans have got a couple (or did have a week ago) I thought i would sell the house first but with the way work is i may well be able to buy one sooner rather than later ! it still wont be for a month or two yet,,and if there gone im sure there are others that look equally as good about,,,, i like the van though,fixed bed,nice shower,lots of storage,,and a good size for 1 person ...

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
hello abi and all others reading,i hope your all well and looking forward to the summer months,,well im still busy working and getting rid of stuff i dont need,readying myself for my lifestyle change,,hope to be on the road in a couple of months,,,keep smiling maybe see you on a site somewhere in the world whenever,,,lol all the best,,ian..

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Ian. Valencia in the bag. Not from Great Yarmouth though. Picking it up in June. Hope your plans are running smoothly.
Mel

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
hello all,,its nice to be back after a few hectic months,and a few setbacks ! All good now though,,house is sold,exchange in 5 or 6 weeks,,no set date yet,,, had someone trying to tell me about the virtues of a static and i must say,he had me thinking,,but im over that now,,I hope !! When i exchange im going to spend a few weeks with friends in essex and from there i will buy my outfit,van and van to tow with...I hope you are all ok and im looking foreward to getting organised now,,,,,cheers....

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
thanks mel,,hows the valencia going? is it all you expected? want to ask if anyone on here knows of any sites that i can go to in the essex area that would allow me to stay over christmas,or indeed after xmas but for longer than a month?

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Valencia is fab. Best van yet. Sorry can't help you with a site in Essex. Try the UK sites category.

Mel

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
20 years no sine I tried this for a few months and it was a right pain. We sold the house in NW, stored the furniture and came to the West country to find the retirement hose.

Not having a fixed address meant that agents would no post to us. Notbeing able to give an address meant that local GP practices would not talk to us. Mail forwarding could only be done to a private address and we have no Uk family and no friends in the area of interest so this too was a pain.

But this was pre internet and the time of the first analogue mobile phones which were pretty unreliable. Thins should be much easier now.

Message is: get all this sorted out before rather than during.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts