perran sands or the hendre in cornwall

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys. I have a 5 year old boy and have never taken my caravan as far as Cornwall. So which is the better park down there from experiences. Thanks

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Perran Sands is huge and rated 5 star. Remember this doesnt rate the quality of the park as much as the amount of things on offer. Its really horses for courses with a little one in tow and depends on what you are looking for.

We have always tried to avoid school hols and have always passed Perran Sands with an Urghhh. This is simply because its not for us. Next year we will have our grandson with us, and even then I really dont fancy Perran Sands.

The Hendre I know nothing about.
My thoughts are that at 5yrs old, he isnt going to be going off on his own so do you really need a site like that?

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
Stayed on Hendra years on a camping pitch with my tent. Wasn't the cheapest back then, so probably still isn't. Another thing to note, providing it still applies, you have to pay for the pool additionally to your pitch fee (or you did anyway) and that also isn't cheap!

Facilities are fine, but lots of it is under tree cover, so your van may end up covered in tree gubbins!

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
Just got back from a 2 week stay at Perran Sands.
The only reason we picked the site was because we had a Haven Voucher to use plus we have a 12yr old son,who we thought might want to do the activities on site.
Wouldn't go back there,the pitches are so close together ,you were on top of everyone. Police there regularly to keep the peace.etc
The only positive thing about the site is its in a beautiful part of Cornwall

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
Never been to Hendra or Perran sands. Despite having 2 children, never fancied staying on a large site, the noise & lack of space isn't for me.

I can highly recommend 2 sites close to perranporth:

Tollgate farm - great site, has a nice play area for children & animals onsite though does book up fast in high season.

Penrose holiday park - stopped here for the last 5 years, great for families/children. No pub/shop onsite but both willing a 10 minute walk.

Both the above sites are well managed and you are not crammed in - pitch sizes are generous, facilities good and great for families & children.

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
River Valley at London Apprentice is a superb site. Great facilities, cycle track to Pentewan sands, Mevagissy not far away, lots of lovely sandy coves to discover and a day at Caerhays beach is a must.
I know it's on the other coast but still a great place to visit.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts