photo download.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Are you trying to download a picture for your avatar to go under your forum name Erica?
You won't be able to download it if the picture is too big because Maximum dimensions are 85x85 (30kb). You will need to alter the size of your picture using a photo editor from a photo hosting website such as Photobucket

http://photobucket.com/images/uk/

When the picture has been uploaded to your free photobucket account click on Edit and alter the size of the picture.
Then return to the forum and click on 'My Account' and click Browse and then Save to load your picture.

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
Hi Parksy, Followed your instructions down sized my pic but not sure on photbucket how to down size it properly. Can you explain the correct way to download , tried putting 85 x 85 no luck. tried 30 what ever still no luck. Need yr help or Im a doing something wrong.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Erica
There is a sticky which explains how to get your avatar

http://www.practicalcaravan.com/forum/general/getting-avatars-made-easy
If you still have problems try my instructions below.
1) Upload your picture to your photobucket account
2) Left click in the centre of the picture on Photobucket
3) a new version of the picture will appear with some text across the top
4) Click 'Edit' and the picture will appear in another window with editing tools
5) Click the square Resize icon, Click the 'Keep Proportions' box and move the sliders to the left to get as close to 85x85 as possible.
6) Your picture will 'shrink' and will look very small but remember that it is for an avatar so don't worry.
7) Click the 'Replace Original' bar and your resized picture will re-appear on your photobucket home page.
8)Hover your mouse over the new image and a drop down box will appear. Copy the 'Direct Link' by left clicking that box (2nd one down)
9) Open Notepad on your computer and paste the URL of the resized picture that you copied from Photobucket. Save the Notepad on your computer where you will be able to identify it (try Desktop or My Documents, name the doc so that you will be able to identify it.
10) On the Practical Caravan forum page click 'My Account' at the top left hand side of the forum page. Click the 'Edit' tab.
11) Scroll down to the 'Upload Picture' box at the bottom, click 'Browse' and open the saved Notepad doc. to copy it's location into the box.
12 When the picture has uploaded click 'Save' on the log in page and your picture should then appear as your avatar.

If you still have problems simply post the normal size picture 'FAO Parksy' in the Our Website section and I'll try to do it from my end.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts