Photographs

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Being a amateur photographer and do not do my hobby for gain. I recently visited a commercial site which when looking at it found that one of my photos had been used to advertise the places you must visit when staying with them, I Emailed them to discuss the situation but the site owner said that he would contact his webmaster on the subject. I visited their site yesterday and they have removed the photograph. Has anyone had the same experience?

Apr 2, 2005
Visit site
Yes... unfortunatly this is quite common. As most Back Bedroom website designers make a killing over some of use trained individuals. (I went to Art-college & University)... most people simple search free image sites and take what they need. But most people do not understand that "Free" only means to view and keep for themselves... but not "royalty free". I would suggest to watermark your pictures or if you see a pic of your again, e-mail and ask for

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This particular site at first tied to ignore me to the extent that I had to threaten then with trading standards. I sent them a mail saying that I did not mind this photo being used as long as they recognised the website to which i support

the site is www.worldisround.com The did not respond but the next time I visited their site ( a caravan site ) they had removed the photo

Apr 2, 2005
Visit site
You could always send another letter (to the camp site this time), explaining that this image was used and inclose a bill. Even if you get a sorry, it must be worth it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts