Ping insurance

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It will be cheap for a reason. Check out the T&C's to see what they actually cover, and compare that to other insurers. Do not assume the cover will be the same, and it's the small clauses that can make a big difference in practice.

The other aspect of insurance is the difference in the level and simplicity of setting it up, compared to the difficulties of settling a claim. Most companies are very adept at taking your money, but it how much effort you have to put in to make a claim that is arguably the better measure of how good an insurer is.

Cost of insurance is of course a major factor in your decision, but cheapest offer rarely provides the most appropriate cover.

Do your research

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The Prof is correct when stating that they are cheap for a reason. All the good reviews were about how easy it was to give them money. A company if you have an issue?few complaints refer to being unable to phone the

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Almost all businesses are very good at taking your money - as Buckman implies, it's how good they are at dealing with claims that matters.

Reactions: Buckman
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thank you Dusty for the link. Having looked at the poor reviews (Which usually tell you more than the good ones) I think some quite important features of the offering become clear.

I consider the most important problem is the company is its only contactable on-line. If you are happy with that restriction then fine, but I suspect if you have to make a claim it is likely important to you to be able to make immediate direct contact with your insurer, either to just report the incident, or to be able to access quick and accurate assistance to help you manage a situation. In other words the facility of a phone call to be able to talk to a person rather than a machine. Needing to rely on just an eMail with no certainty of a quick reply, in many such circumstances could lead to escalation of the difficulties and a lot of emotional distress.
This aspect of the companies operation is probably one of the main reasons their policies can be cheap as they don't employ people on the phones to talk to customers.

A second issue which seems to come up is the policy is by default set to renew automatically. This is a significant pitfall that can trip customers up. If you think about it, this saves a lot of manpower (and costs) that would otherwise be needed to check with each customer if they wanted to renew the policy. To prevent auto renew or to opt out of it later, customers have to actively seek out a tick a box to turn auto renew off.

In my view there are sufficient number of customers who have experienced difficulties with this feature to warrant the company to review it's policy on auto renewing and to change it to opting in rather than out, and to at least email the customer to confirm the change of the option has been recorded.

As several of us have already stated, Insurers are best judged on how they help or hinder customers when they make a claim. For my own preference I would not use an insurance company where I cannot talk to a human being - especially when making a claim.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts