Pink and Blue

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
You will get a wide range of opinions on this subject because, like a lot of things in life, people will have their "favorites "
I think a fair maxim is "You don't get, what you don't pay for" All of the various products will do the job to a greater or lesser degree with various ranges of efficuency. Some have a pleasant perfume that lasts, some dont.
A lot will depend on whether you use your facilities just for liquids rather than solids, and how often you choose the empty the cassette. Some do it daily and some wait until its full.
Its probably best you try a few out and see which one works best for you.
Each to his own.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
+one for Elsan Blue and Elsan Green for “Green” sites
I can't be bothered to carry two different types, for use depending on site rules - I just use an organic fluid all the time - used Elsan Organic for a couple of years, about to try Fenwick's Top 'n Tail for our next few trips.

Reactions: Glynnbob

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Another vote for just carrying a “green” fluid. By “green” I mean suitable for septic tanks and mains services. Some “green” fluids are now actually blue in colour!
We prefer fluids to sachets or tablets as they seem to have better odour control; to get the same whiff management we were using two sachets at a time, which is not cost effective. We only put water in the flush tank. There is a debate as to whether or not the pink stuff causes black bits and clogs. A debate I don’t bother with because water is just cheaper!
Mel

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Elsan double blue, and Mrs H "demands" a pink of any sort for the rinse, as long as it smells nice.
Tried sachets and washing tablets, stick to the fluids.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The fluid is way cheaper than the sachets and the washing tablets are useless as they do not suppress the smell. We use the sachets as they are lighter than 2 litres of fluid and also take up less room.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I eventually landed on OneChem which is highly concentrated and 1 litre gives 40 doses to the cassette. It can also be used if required in the flush tank but in a more dilute dose. It has its own integral dosage measure to prevent wastage.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
You might get some thetford blue and pink with the van. Because of the risk of black bits in the top tank some prefer to put pink in a spray bottle to use in the bowl when flushing. If you want green for both tanks then there are ‘Top and Tail’ versions like Fenwicks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts