PJL Condolences

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thank you all for your messages of condolences expressed in other threads

Yes it has been a difficult time, especially for my daughter and her husband. All their plans and aspirations have been thrown into disarray. Things will never get back to the old normal, we have to find a new normal.

I am incredibly lucky to have children who genuinely do get on well together, normally whenever they are together there is always laughter and love, but that love has been really obvious in different ways during this difficult period. I am really proud of them.

I must also commend the Birmingham Women's Hospital who have have been wonderful and who even a month after the birth are still able to help with advice and introducing bereaved parents to support services.

To that end, I must also include the work of the charity "Sands", who gave the parents a 'memories' box in which they could collect and keep precious items. They also provided two small teddies, one for the baby and one for the parents as a momento. They also provide some small knitted items for their baby. The woolen items they give have often been knitted by people who have been affected by a still birth in the past, and who want to give something back to help other new grieving parents.

My daughter has already decided she wants to knit some item for them to pass on.

When such events are so new it can be difficult for parents to focus and take in advice, and to know what they must do, so Sands have produced a range of helpful booklets addressed from the perspective of grieving parents, grandparents, aunts & uncles, siblings and friends.

If anyone has been affected or are interested, you can find Sands here:-

https://www.forum.sandsforum.org/content.php

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I would like to add my sincere condolences to you and of course your daughter and son in law.

We know only too well what the loss of a child is like, no matter at what age.

Both their lives (Daughter and Son in Law) will forever be changed, it will take a long time for them to come to terms with what has happened and the situation will become more manageable over time, but the pain will never go away.

As a Dad I know that your Daughter is still "Your Little Girl" and that you will feel that you "should have been able to protect her", but sadly you were not able to on this occasion, as we were not able to protect Michelle at the time.

I am glad that as a family you have found people and organisations which have helped, and still continue to do so.
Unfortunately there is not the same level of support for older children suddenly lost, but with good friends and others willing to listen and share the grief with, we get by.

My very best wishes to all your family and I hope you can all manage this really dreadful experience and come through the other side with renewed hope for a happier future.

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I would like to add my condolences to you and your family,,,,we went through similar when my daughter had a cot death with her 6 month old child.
Such a devastating experience and a lot of adjustments had to be made which took time.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I too would like to add my sincere condolences. Such a terrible terrible thing to happen. (I too suffered a cot death during my first marriage) and know only too well the feeling and numbness the loss of an infant causes.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts