Playa Brava-Costa Brava

Mar 25, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone been to this campsite the web site looks good and prices are excellent for end of June beginning of July.If anyone has been would be interested on their views

Thks Taff

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Hi, don't know that particular campsite, sorry. But Camping Interpals at Playa de Pals (a First Class site according to the Spanish Classification system)is in the same area, and

May 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi Taffy,

We have been to both Playa Brava and Interpals.

We first went to Interpals about 10 years ago in August and were pretty disappointed - long walk to toilet block, almost all pitches infested with ants, poor pool. Their attitude seemed to be to put all the Brits together in an enclave at the far end of the site. We have photographs of the site, in the third week of August, with our group of pitches and then only about ten other pitches out of about 300 on our side of the hill occupied. It is however very much part of Platja de Pals so the village and sea front shops and restaurants are a short walk away. I'd like to think that in the ten years since they have had a management change and it is different now, but I don't know.

Whilst there we scouted around the other sites in the area and decided Playa Brava was much more to our liking and so it has proved during the three times we have returned there in the last decade. The management seem more professional and the site is well run with good sized pitches. Haven't seen much sign of ants there. More toilet blocks. The pool is better without being super impressive. It does have direct access onto the beach. But, it is not in Pals, but further along the coast by a mile or so. With the exception of the beach, one (good) restaurant and a reasonable supermarket that attached to the site there is nothing much in walking distance.

Incidentally, the deluxe site in the area is Camping Cypsela which is one of the large all singinging, all dancing sites - pool complex, entertainment etc. It is further back from the coast (I guess about 1.5 miles) but runs minibuses down to the beach. My brother-in-law and his family liked it so much that they returned to the same pitch every summer for 15 years and to this day his daughter has German, Spanish and Dutch friends that she still meets. It is, though, very, very, expensive.

Generally the Pals area of Costa Brava is a very good base with lots to do. Barcelona is a viable day trip by car and train. Girona is certainly worthy of visiting, as are several catalonian towns in the hills. The coastal strip is packed with interesting little villages and towns with lots of good restaurants.

Cheers

Mike

P.S. Presume with your nickname we might not be too far apart as I am only a few miles out of Cardiff.

Mar 25, 2009
Visit site
Hi Taffy,

We first went to Interpals about 10 years ago in August and were pretty disappointed - long walk to toilet block, almost all pitches infested with ants, poor pool. Their attitude seemed to be to put all the Brits together in an enclave at the far end of the site. We have photographs of the site, in the third week of August, with our group of pitches and then only about ten other pitches out of about 300 on our side of the hill occupied. It is however very much part of Platja de Pals so the village and sea front shops and restaurants are a short walk away. I'd like to think that in the ten years since they have had a management change and it is different now, but I don't know.

Whilst there we scouted around the other sites in the area and decided Playa Brava was much more to our liking and so it has proved during the three times we have returned there in the last decade. The management seem more professional and the site is well run with good sized pitches. Haven't seen much sign of ants there. More toilet blocks. The pool is better without being super impressive. It does have direct access onto the beach. But, it is not in Pals, but further along the coast by a mile or so. With the exception of the beach, one (good) restaurant and a reasonable supermarket that attached to the site there is nothing much in walking distance.

Incidentally, the deluxe site in the area is Camping Cypsela which is one of the large all singinging, all dancing sites - pool complex, entertainment etc. It is further back from the coast (I guess about 1.5 miles) but runs minibuses down to the beach. My brother-in-law and his family liked it so much that they returned to the same pitch every summer for 15 years and to this day his daughter has German, Spanish and Dutch friends that she still meets. It is, though, very, very, expensive.

Generally the Pals area of Costa Brava is a very good base with lots to do. Barcelona is a viable day trip by car and train. Girona is certainly worthy of visiting, as are several catalonian towns in the hills. The coastal strip is packed with interesting little villages and towns with lots of good restaurants.

Cheers

Mike

P.S. Presume with your nickname we might not be too far apart as I am only a few miles out of Cardiff.
Mike,

Thks for your in depth reply we were down aroud that area last year at camping begur,great site couldn't fault it but very long walk(up hill)to get to begur .This year we looking round same area and came across playa brava and seems ok.We wanted beach access and quite large pitch and very reasonabkle rates to say the least.Looks certainly a goer at moment.By the way im up in the valleys at Aberdare.Once again thks for info.

May 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi Taffy,

Cheers

Mike

Hi Taffy,

Don't know whether it will help you decide, but you can see a good aerial view of the Playa Brava site on Google Maps. Just search for "Pals, Spain". On the coast you will see a label "Club de Gol de Pals", centre on that and zoom in. Playa Brava is just to the North, across the road from the Golf Course.

As you will see, the pitches nearest the beach have very little shade. The ones just inland from them, that have diagonal hedges separating them, have a nice combination of shade and sunshine, whilst still being only a 2 minute walk to the beach.

Camping Interpals is just inland from the beach at Sa Punta, in the plot of land bounded by the roads - Calle de Carretere a la Platja de Pals, Calle del Senglar and Calle de Font de la Bruixa.

Cheers

Mike A

May 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi Taffy,

Don't know whether it will help you decide, but you can see a good aerial view of the Playa Brava site on Google Maps. Just search for "Pals, Spain". On the coast you will see a label "Club de Gol de Pals", centre on that and zoom in. Playa Brava is just to the North, across the road from the Golf Course.

As you will see, the pitches nearest the beach have very little shade. The ones just inland from them, that have diagonal hedges separating them, have a nice combination of shade and sunshine, whilst still being only a 2 minute walk to the beach.

Camping Interpals is just inland from the beach at Sa Punta, in the plot of land bounded by the roads - Calle de Carretere a la Platja de Pals, Calle del Senglar and Calle de Font de la Bruixa.

Cheers

Mike A

Dec 14, 2008
Visit site
Taffy,

My uncle and aunty (from Llantwit Fadre) are on their annual 3 month pilgrimage, to Spain and are at Camping Playa Tropicana at the moment. When they head back to the Barcelona area they always stay at Vilanova Park and highly recommend it.

I know it a bit further south but thought I let you know anyway.

Cheers,

Mathew (Kardiff lad)

TRENDING THREADS