please be aware

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi we were away in normandy with friends when early weds morn husband of friend tragically died we are all in shock but remembering good times just please check all your insurances as ok wife and daughter were brought home there is nothing in place to bring car and van back only if car not driveable the wife doesnt drive we all took out car / van / breakdown / personal insurance eventually car and van brought back at a cost of Β£850 the british embassy was a total waste of time and a big thank you to ld lines ferries for not helping us to get back by changing reservations had to use tunnel

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
John, I also offer my sympathies, and thank you for pointing out something very sensible, and surely to be heeded by all those here who don't just make sarcastic comments in what is a terrible show of bad manners!

I hope people take note, as this is something that is not pointed out when taking holiday insurance. We had something similar happen, when my mum died suddenly, but peacefully in the early hours of last Saturday when we should have been on a ferry to France on Friday night. Fate intervened and we didn't catch the ferry - and now thanks to the Caravan Club, and P and O, have been able to rearrange our ferry (even though we couldn't inform anyone until Wednesday)and actually been refunded some money because the new dates are in a cheaper time band. I am sorry to hear of your experience with LD Lines - but obviously not all ferry companies take such an unsympathetic attitude.

I hope your friend and daughter, and you and your wife are OK now, and comforted by the fact that a lot of us on here will have only sympathy for you all.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sorry to hear the sad news

It really is important to be insured and to tell the whole truth about existing illnesses

We were on a rally in Brittany when a man died.

He had not declared a heart condition and his family had to face the expense of getting his body back at a time when they were grieving

Apr 3, 2007
Visit site
So sorry to hear of this tradgedy, im sure it is something everyone will think about when taking out insurance.

My thoughts are with you all.

May 12, 2006
Visit site
I was thinking about this tragedy and wondered if something could be started like a " Caravanners Samaritans " A lot of us are retired with time on our hands, it's difficult to know the circumstances of individual cases, but I could have gone and picked up this van and drove it home for the people involved. To some people

Mar 4, 2006
Visit site
When the husband of a friend had a stroke in France, the CC Red Pennant flew him and his wife home, and sent a driver to drive the car and caravan back, the caravan was delivered to his home and parked on his drive.

The drivers use secure hotels to stop at on the way back, as they cannot use the caravan for accomonation.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi what an absolute brilliant idea .if the party concerned covered all fuel , toll , ferry costs and something to cover drivers expenses it sure would,nt come in at

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts