Please recommend me a site around Dartmouth/Salcome

Apr 29, 2007
Visit site
Hello all,

I will be visiting the Dartmouth area soon (June) and would like to stop on a site with a pool and other facilitys to keep my 10 year old daughter happy. A clean, well managed site is a must and would like to keep the cost down to no more then £20 all in per night. I have had a look at all the on line info and a few look great but they you cannot beat a recomedation from satfyied customer. Thanks in advance Rob.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Robert - A site I have used many times for both my family and grandchildren and also my wife and self is Widend Caravan at Marldon nr. Paignton. The toilet/shower facilities are spotless and there is an outdoor heated pool and children's play area for your daughter and for you and the wife there is a small relaxing club (children permitted) for a quiet evening drink if you so wish. The club has a raised patio area overlooking the pool so you can enjoy a drink whilst your daughter is in the pool. There is also a shop and fast food take away on site. As far as Dartmouth is concerned there is a steam train running from Paignton (5 mins. away by car or bus passes the site) to Kinswear and offers return fares for either the train, the train and ferry over the River Dart to Dartmouth, train fare with ferry and cruise on the river or train fare with ferry and cruise to Totness and return by open top double decker to Paignton. It is approx 25 mins. to drive from Paignton to Dartmouth. Paignton is quite central for Dartmouth, Brixham, Totnes, Torquay and Newton Abbot.

Hope the above is of help and you and the family enjoy the holiday at Devon. Good luck in your quest.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts