Pleased with the solar.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Yesterday we got away for the first time this year. On Sunday we will be at Abergavenny Pandy CAMC site. But first we are having 2 nights at Chedworth Denfurlong camp site. Nothing special, just a field but easy going and friendly. Mainly tents and motorhomes. Strangely there are about 9 parked next to each other all with middle aged women in, some look quite manly, no idea what’s happening there!

We are here as my son and dil have their motorhome and their two daughters, partners and children are trying out new tents. Weather could be better for their first time.

There are only 5 hook ups here, and we could not get one. So the solar panels, (120 watts), I installed 5 years ago are being tested along with the 6 year old battery.

our usage has been, lighting as normal, computer fans on fridge cutting in about 50% of the time. The overheat fan on the oven, the flue fan on the heating. No TV, leave that for the football later.

Woke up this morning to find that we have 13.1 volt and 0.2 amps input at 7:30. It’s now 10 am 13.7 volts and 2.1 amp. And it’s overcast.

Very happy with that.

John

Reactions: Marky 1971
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday we got away for the first time this year. On Sunday we will be at Abergavenny Pandy CAMC site. But first we are having 2 nights at Chedworth Denfurlong camp site. Nothing special, just a field but easy going and friendly. Mainly tents and motorhomes. Strangely there are about 9 parked next to each other all with middle aged women in, some look quite manly, no idea what’s happening there!

We are here as my son and dil have their motorhome and their two daughters, partners and children are trying out new tents. Weather could be better for their first time.

There are only 5 hook ups here, and we could not get one. So the solar panels, (120 watts), I installed 5 years ago are being tested along with the 6 year old battery.

our usage has been, lighting as normal, computer fans on fridge cutting in about 50% of the time. The overheat fan on the oven, the flue fan on the heating. No TV, leave that for the football later.

Woke up this morning to find that we have 13.1 volt and 0.2 amps input at 7:30. It’s now 10 am 13.7 volts and 2.1 amp. And it’s overcast.

Very happy with that.

John
Hi John i am pleased the Solar working great and you having a fantastic break away :)

Reactions: Jcloughie
Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
"Away for the weekend and didn’t put the Tv in the caravan."

God.......my wife would have a "breakdown"😅

No Corrie.....No Emmerdale.....No Strictly.etc....

Me?....just the news in the morning😋

Jan 8, 2006
Visit site
"Away for the weekend and didn’t put the Tv in the caravan."

God.......my wife would have a "breakdown"😅

No Corrie.....No Emmerdale.....No Strictly.etc....

Me?....just the news in the morning😋
Get rid of the wife, she’s putting you through purgatory with her TV menu.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts