Pleated window blind problem

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Hello all - we have a Swift Challenger 2010 with the fitted pleated window blinds. Last weekend we noticed that one in particular was really hard to pull down to reveal fly screen. On closer inspection it looks as if the piece in the corner running on the strings has jumped out of alignment. Has anyone any experience of fixing this problem, or is it best to take it somewhere or get someone out to look at the blind? We can use it for the pleated window blind but as you exert pressure to pull down the fly screen in jumps out of alignment and we're afraid it will break completely.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you muchly.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi
sorry to say your problem isnt an isolated incident. I have just got rid of a 2010 Switf, got rid off being the best description for that van, however I have bought another Swift, go figure.

Back to the topic, the pleated blinds have been a real problem since they were first fitted, and Swift have been regularly replacing these under warranty, indeed, we had every single one of ours done. Your problem may arise as your van is 2010 and therefore outside of warranty unless you have a recent dealer one or an extended one.

I would really recommend you speak to Swift about this, they may do it as a goodwill gesture, if they dont, remind them its a known problem, well documented on their own forum and therefore the blinds as fitted are not fit for purpose. However, I very much doubt you will need to revert to that.

Another known problem which you may encounter from that year is the Nord Electronica alarms and chargers, again Swift have changed a massive amount of these under warranty for Sargent units.

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi there and many apologies for my late reply. Thanks for this - I will indeed take it up with Swift and see if they will replace under a goodwill gesture, also the alarm, tried that already with our local dealer who we bought the van off (when it was 18 months old) and they didn't get anywhere (or didn't bother I think was probably the case). ATM the problem seems to have righted itself but I am now reluctant to engage the flyscreen on that particular window. Will let you know how I get on with Swift. Some of the window blinds are fine, others are really stiff and require some welly to get them to go down/up!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts