Plug sockets dont work on battery only

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
As the plug sockets are there to deliver mains electricity, what makes you think that they should work on a 12 volt supply from the battery? If you really want the plug sockets to work on battery you'd have to get the caravan fitted with an inverter.

Aug 3, 2020
Visit site
Thanks for reply, so how do others access power when not on hookup, do i assume they dont? Or do appliances work on 12 volts only

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Your fridge, water heater and heating will run on lpg.
Caravans normally have both 12v and 230v systems when connected to electric hook up (ehu).
The 12 v system operates some interior lights (some may be 230v), the water pump and the electric toilet flush if fitted.
The fridge will have a means of selecting lpg for cooling, ensure that the gas bottle is turned on and that any isolator valves are on.
The leisure battery charger not work off ehu, many off grid caravanners use solar panels to top up leisure battery charging.

Aug 3, 2020
Visit site
Your fridge, water heater and heating will run on lpg.
Caravans normally have both 12v and 230v systems when connected to electric hook up (ehu).
The 12 v system operates some interior lights (some may be 230v), the water pump and the electric toilet flush if fitted.
The fridge will have a means of selecting lpg for cooling, ensure that the gas bottle is turned on and that any insulator valves are on.
The leisure battery charger not work off ehu, many off grid caravanners use solar panels to top up leisure battery charging.
Thanks parksy

Reactions: Parksy
Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Hi Peter, I know it sounds like hard work but I would suggest you do what I did when I started caravanning-take the hand book to the pub order your favourite pint and sit there and read it cover to cover-well worth it-then when you start to use the van things start clicking in to place-seems hard work for a start and you'll make mistakes -we all (still) do. And then you can search this forum for some great advice. Enjoy..

Reactions: Parksy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts