Poor build quality and faulty parts

Jan 21, 2005
Visit site
Hi

Interesting, but so sad to see so many problems with new Vans.

We too paid 18K for a new Stirling Elite Trekker in 2004 and we are still experiencing quality issues & problems.

I run my own company and if I supplied poor quality goods coupled with substandard service we would not have any customers left .So why should our caravan industry be allowed to continue to get away with it?

Our dealer is trying his best to resolve our issues but it can take up to 12 months to get a standard part replaced from the mfgs,even if they say it is in stock !!

My list is too large to post with many reoccuring issues.

The warranty will elapse next year so I do intend to address this issue.

I met two other Trekker owners in France this year and they all stated they would not be replacing with the same make & model of van - too many major quality problems.

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Hello Andrew

Unfortunately, we have several issues with a caravan (bought in 2005 as new). The windows at the front and side all showed signs 'of blowing' but we have now been informed that this is a regular problem with these windows and the Company are unwilling to replace any of them!!! We also have problems with the 'fablon' peeling away in the toilet/shower compartment! We never use the shower (if you pay for it use it - so we do on CC sites). The area has been checked for damp with nothing showing! We are now awaiting the fulfilment of an order for these particular parts. Front fly screen never worked and that is supposed to be replaced. These are the major problems.

Our 'van has spent more time in the dealership than on our driveway. We are not happy. We get fobbed off every time WE contact them. Now we are in the position of GETTING RID OF IT. However, we are still in the hands of the dealership.

I am considering getting in touch with Trading Standards on this issue. We are stuck with something we cannot sell privately and may well mean we are out of pocket.

Any suggestions from Forum users on how to resolve this problem?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts