Pop and Rock Concerts.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Nope Dustydog, there would never be so much mess and litter at the festival that we go to every year. We're much more civilised😜
Besides which, if I had to try to get into one of those ground level tents I'd never be able to get out again.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
It’s amazing Parksy that all those Green peace , environmentally pure greens , pollution free , ozone protectors , clean air , nil waste Gretas leave such a mess behind🤬🤬🤬😎

Reactions: Gabsgrandad
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
It’s amazing Parksy that all those Green peace , environmentally pure greens , pollution free , ozone protectors , clean air , nil waste Gretas leave such a mess behind🤬🤬🤬😎
What festival was that one. A good source of tents for ebay

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
It's sheer hypocrisy Dustydog.
I'd suggest that the older post war generation are far more environmentally aware and a lot less wasteful than the Gobby Gretas who love to dictate to others without examining their own conduct.
Don't get me started about the extinction rebellion vandals who somehow imagine that by disrupting the lives of ordinary working people they will gain support for their cause. 😡

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Oh Clive! Reading last weekend!
Thanks Dusty, I see in this mornings news 2500 tents to be collected and to be possibly sent to Calais or used for emergency humanitarian aid. But it’s a sad reflection on those that left them along with the other rubbish. It’s a regular occurrence at some festival, Glastonbury being one, although they have improved over the past few years by having formal collection points fir camping gear.

Reactions: JezzerB
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
It's sheer hypocrisy Dustydog.
I'd suggest that the older post war generation are far more environmentally aware and a lot less wasteful than the Gobby Gretas who love to dictate to others without examining their own conduct.
Don't get me started about the extinction rebellion vandals who somehow imagine that by disrupting the lives of ordinary working people they will gain support for their cause. 😡
Parksy I could join you now over a pint and rant about these forked tongue goodie two shoes. Makes me 🤮🤮🤮🤮. Just wait until the forthcoming climate meeting🤬🤬

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Parksy I could join you now over a pint and rant about these forked tongue goodie two shoes. Makes me 🤮🤮🤮🤮. Just wait until the forthcoming climate meeting🤬🤬
For some strange reason the established news media appear to be colluding with vested interests to continually berate us over 'climate change' and 'the environment' which in reality are entirely separate issues.
Climate change has taken place on this planet since the dawn of time.
OK, so we all want to breathe clean fresh air, so steps taken to reduce air pollution are no bad thing if done in a measured way.
As someone who grew up in the industrial West Midlands in the 1950s, the area where I still live is becoming a nicer place to be thanks to post industrial changes to businesses here.
The sparrows used to cough when I was a kid and everything was grimy and noisy.
I agree that environmental pollution needs to be addressed in a more radical way, we can't go on dumping micro plastics into the seas and oceans, and the attitude of these festival goers beggars belief when we see pictures of the detritus left behind at these events.
Nothing that we do can change weather systems though, and the weather seems to have been weaponised by the aforementioned vested interests to force us to pay more for less.
We now have the means to observe and measure every facet of the weather worldwide, so if villages on low lying volcanic outcrops in the Pacific are flooded we are told about it and blamed for it.
In the UK, new housing developments have been built on flood plains, ancient brooks and streams have been diverted or filled in and there has been a dramatic reduction in dredging operations, but instead of identifying the real issues, the resultant inevitable flooding is attributed to 'climate change' when it rains.
Population growth is more of a global threat than climate change, but the vested interests haven't yet found a way to make money from it.
That's my rant for the week done!
I'm off to take my blood pressure pills 😂

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Truly a Romantic Parksy. I grew up in London in the 50s /60s and remember the pea soupers . You couldn’t see beyond your face . A combination of coal fires and steam engines🙀🙀 You will find a few pints beats any pills any day🍺🍺🍺

Reactions: Parksy
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Last week for the first time ever it snowed in Hillcrest just outside Durban which has a tropical temperature.
When we left Durban in 1993 in middle of winter (July) the temperature at the airport was 26C to arrive in the middle of summer at Heathrow at 11am to temperature of 11C!
BTW normally if they have a bad winter in South Africa generally we are in for a bad winter.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Last week for the first time ever it snowed in Hillcrest just outside Durban which has a tropical temperature.
When we left Durban in 1993 in middle of winter (July) the temperature at the airport was 26C to arrive in the middle of summer at Heathrow at 11am to temperature of 11C!
BTW normally if they have a bad winter in South Africa generally we are in for a bad winter.
Buckman that should have been on BeachBalls Weather thread. 😃

• Haha
Reactions: Buckman

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts