Popeye Village Malta

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yes but some years ago.
It was "interesting" but not mind blowing.

Just looked at the link and it seems that they have improved it a lot .

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
I think there is another similar such village in north Wales that was built to film "The Prisoner"?

Portmerion was designed and built by Sir Clough Williams-Ellis between 1925 and 1975 in the style of an Italian village and is now owned by a charitable trust. "The Prisoner" was filmed there but not built specially.

Reactions: PTA
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
If you are visiting Malta book tickets for the Hypogeum in advance of your trip. It’s a Neolithic site under an old residential area just outside of Valletta and a short bus ride away. Well worth a visit. At the other end of the cultural scale try a night out in The Gut 😂 but you will have wind your time back 45 years for the real experience. More boutique and gentrified now. Good eateries and bars.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
At the other end of the cultural scale try a night out in The Gut 😂 but you will have wind your time back 45 years for the real experience.

The "Gut" no longer exists, it is Strait Street now and all the bars and everything else has gone, except the never ending steps !!!!

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I have been Malta roughly 8 times seen National Museum of Archaeology Valletta also the Mosta dome where the church held a miracle about three bombs two were deflected without exploding and one pierced the dome and fell onto the floor of the church the bombs were all defused by the military. you even find a replica of the bomb that fell through the dome in the back

Reactions: otherclive
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The "Gut" no longer exists, it is Strait Street now and all the bars and everything else has gone, except the never ending steps !!!!
It’s actually a nice place to visit for a drink and eats. I last visited about four years ago and was pleasantly surprised how it had been developed as prior to that in mid 2000s it had just been left to deteriorate with many places just boarded up.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts