Porch Awning------A Daft Question!!!

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Always used a full awning but would now like to purchase a porch awning for when just the two of us go away.

How do they fix to the van?

Think the top part would slide into the awning rail as per the full one but what about the sides do they attatch or are they free standing, if they are free standing do they allow wind, rain etc to come in. Sorry to be a bit thick but I have tried looking at other peoples but I feel guilty standing and glaring at what is not mine.

Thanks for any info.

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Gaga, down the sides of a porch usually is 1-2 inch foam pads which are part of the awning which go the full length of the side of the van. you then peg the bottom of this as with the rest of the awning which holds it in place. A pole is supplyed for both sides which either threads through or get tied to the foam pads to help keep in place and connect to the reat of the awning frame.

This is for a traditional type of awning, dont know how the flimsy new kind works

Kevin

Feb 19, 2007
Visit site
Hi gagakev,

We have a Dorema Vitesse XL Porch awning, the top part slides in the awning rail the sides have padding which goes against the van and pegged to the ground ours is more or less self standing with legs in all 4 corners all panels zip out which could be used as sun canopy. you possibly can get easier porch awnings to put up.

hope this is of some help

Rusty

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Thanks guys will probably go for the more traditional type as you have mentioned as the full awning I have is a Dorema and am happy with that.

Gagakev

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts