PORCH AWNING PDQ OR SUNNCAMP 260?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I've just bought a PDQ awning porch on impulse and then looked through the forums to get a bit of feedback before I open it up. It seems that the door zip and stitching are a concern. I have bought a 2006 model. Does anyone know if these issues are the same are are they resolved? I also am a bit concerned about the 12Kg hanging off the rail in transit. I'm thinking I might return it and go for a sunncamp 260 instead. Does anyone have experience of both to give a good comparative judgement?

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi Mark

We set out to buy the PDQ, but the caravan shop turned us against it. We had our doubts already, because on the video we saw on e-bay there was a door in the front, when we saw the PDQ up it never had a door as such. You had to unzip the front right hand corner (looking away from the caravan) and the front just hangs, there is nothing to tie it back with.

We were also told by the sales man to consider the drop of the bag it is kept in, because when it hangs on the van for travelling it tend to hang down over the door.

There are only two poles which support the roof which are fitted at each side of the awning and one that runs along the front, it is not a lot of support and the front bar we saw up did not look to support the roof.

We went for the Sunncamp on his recommendations, we could not fault it, we upgraded to the 390 the following week because it was easy and light to put up we will be using this on weeks away instead of our large awning. We have now bought the inner tent for it to, and that goes in in Minutes.

With the Suncamps you do have to pull the awnings tight to the side of the carvan, and we always peg the sides down just under the caravan.

Hope this helps.

Feb 19, 2006
Visit site
hi

I would return it, we did not have a great experience with ours and sent it back to get a full refund, so did our friends, i did read somewhere that they were going to change the door zips but that would be a little while yet.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
mark,i purchased a pdq in may and took it to caravan club at troutbeck.

having got it out of the box and fed the canvass through the awning,erected the poles the pdq is excellent,no aruments,easy erection and no flapping in the wind with the 2 provided storm guide ropes.we had some really testing weather - strong winds, hail had a lot of rain and it withstood the lot. there are 2 open doors at each side and it rolled back in perfect into the leatherette bag.towing home was no problem,mpg unaffected and now selling my dorema full awning on ebay because of this.there are 2 poles at the side and one in the centre.we put this up in a lot of wind-toutbeck is some 1000 meteres above sea level

if you wish to see photos of this on my van please email your address me via the this forum.the weight issue on the side of the van is nota problem.pdq have a dedicated phone number in mansfield,nottingham whicjh you can get of the wb,pyramid products

trust that is of use to you

cheers dave

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts