Porch Awning sizing help needed

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have measured our new van as directed, awning rail above door to the ground. The measurement is 91 inches. 7ft 7".

NR tell you to go for the nearest size - which would be a 7ft 6" but will that work or do we need to go for the 8ft porch?

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
Hi Carol - I would advice going for the 8foot model. After all, you quite often have the wheel raised with levelling blocks which would take up some of the spare material.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Carol, if they say go for the nearest, go for the nearest.

If you go for something 6 inches LONGER, all you will have is 3 inches of fabric resting on the ground, and no way of tensioning the awning, which would not be a good idea if the wind blows, also, water will creep up the fabric if its dangling on the ground, thats one reason for the mud flaps, to act in the same manner as your house damp proof course.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I would go for the 8ft porch awning. I have a combi now but we tried a prch one first, our van is 225cm high and we thought a 7ft 6" would fit but we were wrong it was to short and didnt peg down well at all because of this reason but it was a eurovent awning. So we had a 8ft combi and it fits really well. You have to remember that the sites you stay on are not always level so you do have to take that into account when buying awnings.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thank you all for replying. I think on balance that we will have to get the 8ft one as the measurement is 7ft7". I take the point about spare material Damian but few sites are that level.

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts