Porch awning

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,

I need some help please...

Me & my wife have a 2001 2 birth Bailey Caravan that I purchased a couple of years ago. Since we've had the van, I've never used the toilet/shower & used it as a storage area instead.

I would now like to buy a porch awning for storage & so we can also use the toliet facility.

Can anyone recomend a porch awning that is VERY easy & doesn't take long to assemble please?
I don't want to spend anymore than £130. Or if there are awanings a little more than this, then I'll still have a look in hope that the price might come down. :)

Thanks in advance

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
"You pays your money and takes your choice" ie you get what you pay for.

How often is it to be used, in what weather, etc, etc. You do know that an awning is called "a divorce in a bag?" :evil:

A cheap one should last 2 or 3 summers. If you pay more for thicker material then it will last longer and be stronger in inclement weather. You will get various conflicting answers on this forum as to what is best. ;)

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
LOL - divorce in a bag. I can only imagine this might be the case :)

The porch awning will only be used for long weekends in all weathers.

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
Hi, we have 2 porch awnings one is a Sunncamp, the other is a starcamp both easy to erect and within your price range. Ideal for storage.

Steve.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Two ways you can go, the cheap lightweight nylon ones, or something more substantial second hand if its a budget issue. Keep a weather eye on ebay, there are always good ones coming up.

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Some good advice here. Before you buy measure up what will fit. Decide where the walls ill be and how much slack you have. Also check height to awning rail by the wheel. We have just sold an Isabella Minor for £100 because it came over a window in the new van. This was £700 originally and is a 3 season awning. Some modern lightweights are light weather only. Take car to watch for condensation in the stored stuff. Good luck in using the facilities- seek advice on using the shower so you don't run out of hot water!

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
Hi Millar
We do have one of those awnings and have had for 6 years. Not the sturdiest of porch awnings but has been brilliant. Am looking at replacing it this Autumn, definitely going to get another Towsure one. Probably going for a bigger sturdier one, but the portch awning that we had stood up well in huge winds and torrential rains. One other thing, we also have a Towsure insignia awning that we use for our 'big' holidays. Has been fantastic!!
Yours to decide Millar
Good luck!
Simon V

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
If you fancy a Dore ma Toronto for silly money but with steel ones and conventional materials ask Parksy to send me your email.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts