Porch Awnings......You Decide.....

Feb 17, 2008
Visit site
Hi everyone.

I'm in a bit of a rush to get a porch awning before this weekend; it will be used just for weekend trips as we have an Dorema Montana 1000cm for longer trips(which I erect single handedly with a little help from my 7-year old). It will be used just for our little picnic table and to store coats/shoes and maybe a couple of bikes etc)

Based on ease/speed of erection and quality of product (incl. weight etc) what porch awning do you guys recommend?

Thanks in advance.

Jan 16, 2007
Visit site
I would recommend a sunncamp 260 or 390 ,depending on budget. I have just replaced my 260 with a 390 from glossop caravans and i'm quite impressed with this. It has extra poles and padded sections which secure down the sides of the caravan to give a better seal than the standard porch awning.

If you live near there call in.

regards

ian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

We are happy with Eurovent Chanonix two removable panels, alloy frame,good size. A word of warning, if you are buying a porch check your measurements to ensure you don't end up covering half a window.Different makes offer different sizes so you should find one that won't cover half a window.

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
I had a Sunncamp 390 and got rid at a substantial loss after 3 days use. Took longer to erect than a full Isabella, large gaps down the side that flapped all night, condensation was like being in the rain, - glad to see the back of it.

Bought a brand new, boxed Harrison porch for 100 quid on E-bay which is superb. Yes, it`s heavier with a steel frame, but thwe weight doesn`t bother me as long it is fit for purpose when up.

Which it is.

May 23, 2008
Visit site
We got a Bradcot Portico porch awning. Does the job at weekends and goes up single handed in less than half an hour, room for two seats and small table. Whatever you buy enjoy it.

Willie

Oct 28, 2005
Visit site
We have found our Sunncamp Ultima really good we used it for the first time last year when we were up in North Yorkshire when we had the really bad flooding. It was great with no leaks and with the awning pulled down fully we had a dry refuge to change out of our wet coats and boots as well as somewhere to clean off the dog. We also used it in summer and it was again great shade from the sun and has been really useful in fact so useful we have not bought a bigger one as it fits the bill for us perfectly. Just make sure you also have rock pegs for some sites as we found on rocky sites the pegs were hard to get in but came out with no resistance. This goes for all awnings so I would make sure you have some anyway which ever awning you buy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts