Porch Awnings

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
I have a 1994 Lunar Clubman and I am after purchasing a porch awning.

I have been told that it is not possible because my awning rail is only 2.12m high.

Does anybody know if this is true?

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Just measured our more recent Ace Supreme and it is 2.4m from the rail to the ground. That's 11 inches higher in old money.

Thinking about the two porch awnings we have ( Sunncamp 390 & Outdoor Revolution Easiporch), I don't think they would work if they were lowered by 11 inches. There is some flexibility for sloping pitches, but closest to the caravan side, I think at 11 inches shorter you would struggle to get tension in the rubber anchor straps. From memory they are only around 6 or 7 inches long, so the bottom edge of the awning sides would be touching the ground with no means of keeping it taught.

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
Gary have you tried Nr awnings of Todmorden in Lancashire they do porch awnings for different rail heights,know this as the rail height on my Avondale is lower than most vans.

Hope this is of some asistance...

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Gary,

Another thought :-

The age of your van and your measured dimension suggest to me the van is what's called the "boat roof" type of design.

The porch awnings that ideally suited these was Isabella's Combi 680, these fitted part in the awning rail and then dropped some way past the door, depending on actual size. These were "universal" awnings insofar as they fitted almost any van and were of your van's era.

If you go to this link for the 1994 Isabella Catalogue, download it and look at page 7 and 12 you will see what its all about;-

http://www.isabella.net/uk/extra/catalogues/1994.html
You ought to be able to "find" one of these second hand and they still are likely to be in quite respectable condition as they were very well made. Ideally go for one with the IXL frame rather than the steel; they made them for years and the colours offered changed from time to time [brown, green and blue/grey]

You might need to budget to have the beading replaced as this always needed to be nicked for the required drop point; doing this would allow for the latest dual bead one to be used with the pole end blocks. I know where a green one is.

May 15, 2010
Visit site
In case you are interested I am about to sell a NR Sardinia Porch Awning that is 7' 6" high at the attachment point to caravan. Great condition and well manufactured.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts