Port de Limounal (Dordogne) & La Foret (SW Atlantic Coast)

Apr 1, 2005
Visit site
Has anybody stayed on either of these sites recently. We are thinking of staying at them next august.

Any comments, good or bad, would be welcome.

Thanks

Jerry

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Jerry,

Do you mean "Le Port de Limieul" campsite in the Dordogne? If so, then I can thoroughly recommend it. Stayed there for 9 days in Aug/Sep, managed to get a pitch with views directly onto the Dordogne river. Pitches are generally spacious, mostly shaded; the two sanitaires are adequate although I would imagine somewhat stretched in high season.

It's an excellent site for children, loads of open space for them to roam around in as well as dedicated play areas, swimming pools and a games room. There is a bar on site and a take-away that serves good pizzas. Also a small shop. Very pleasant and helpful staff.

The site overlooks the attractive village of Limieul on the opposite bank of the river; worth a visit, especially to the restaurant at the top of the hill.

All-in-all, a very good site.

Regards,

Mike.

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
We stayed at Limeuil last year in June and of the dozens of sites we have stayed at this is by far the best,we were booked again for this year but had to cancel due to health problems with my wife.La Foret at St Juliens we have stayed at a few times and was always happy with it however it has changed hands so not able to comment on how it is now.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts