Portsmouth-Caen Ferry FOOD

Dec 4, 2005
Visit site
After using P&O from Portsmouth for years I am back on Brittany ferries afternoon crossing in a few weeks. We normally have a meal on the boat and the last time I went Brittany I am sure they did a Carvery at a very fair price. Does anyone know whether this is still the case.

Thanks

Mar 24, 2006
Visit site
Hello Andrew

Last year I dont remember seeing a carvery on the Barfleur but there are a couple of different ships. There was definitely grilled swordfish and vegetables in the hot section, but we had salads -feta cheeses and olives, there was a prawn cocktail salad too - but we ususally go off peak so it could be different at other times.

Helen

Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
The Barfleur runs Cherbourg to Poole. We went Portsmouth to Caen and Cherbourg to Poole a few weeks ago and had an excellent meal in both directions. 3 courses, plus wine and coffee for 2 came to 40 Euros.

Dec 4, 2005
Visit site
The Barfleur runs Cherbourg to Poole. We went Portsmouth to Caen and Cherbourg to Poole a few weeks ago and had an excellent meal in both directions. 3 courses, plus wine and coffee for 2 came to 40 Euros.
Thanks for the info Paul. we travel in 4 weeks so will chance a meal now. We stopped eating on P&O because the restaurant was so expensive.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yes I agree restaurant food on Brittany ferries was very good. On the evening crossings we used to send the, big, kids off to the cinema, bribe, whilst we dressed up in posh clothes for and a final holiday fling - a table for 2 in the waiter service restaurant. Relatively reasonable prices for a resturant which seated us next to the windows giving a moonlit seaview on many occasions.

This was mainly on the Roscoff to Plymouth route but on some of the other Brittany ferry routes too. Pity we can't really afford their fares anymore. LOL.

Trying Norfolk lines this year.

Tim

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts