Portsmouth Overnight

Jan 22, 2009
Visit site
Looking for some advice on where to stay overnight in Portsmouth. We are due to get a ferry at 8am, and have quite a travel to portsmouth to get the ferry, so really need an overnight stay nearby, and suggestions/advice is appreciated as its our first trip abroad with the van, we also have another van going with friends.

Thanks

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
David,

There is a Caravan Club Site, Rookesbury Park, at Fareham approx 30 mins drive from Portsmouth Ferry Terminal. I've used it several times before going across on the ferry. I think it takes non-members. There will be details on the Caravan Club website.

Robert

Aug 20, 2006
Visit site
Hi

Sorry but Rookesbury Park is a members only site but has an area that caters for people leaving for the early ferry so there is no chance of sleeping in as everyone around you is doing the same! Nice site though.

Lee.C

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
If you are happy with no facilities i.e. showers - you could always pull up and sleep at the docks. We have always done this - we arrive about 11pm and park over on the left hand side by the fence - it is quite well lit and you may find a few others there doing the same thing. As your ferry is 8am you will not mind being woken early by people arriving for ferries. You could book a cabin on the ferry to 'clean up' when you get on or alternatively wait til you get to site if you do not have too long to drive the other side.

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
I would agree we always get the first ferry about 8am and get to the docks about 11pm as the last ferry is going out which means staff are about so you can find which lane you want for the morning and park up and get to bed.You will need to be up by about 5.30 ish but they will knock you up if you are not up.It is as was said well lit and there are toilets.We have done this for many years and there are always others there.

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
I forgot to mention the benefits these are it is free ,level so car is left coupled up,no site barrier to get through in the early hours,any noise you make will not disturb others,and finally you cannot get stuck in traffic getting to the docks.

Jan 22, 2009
Visit site
I forgot to mention the benefits these are it is free ,level so car is left coupled up,no site barrier to get through in the early hours,any noise you make will not disturb others,and finally you cannot get stuck in traffic getting to the docks.
Thanks, the advice on the docks sounds good, I had heard of it, but wasnt sure of the reality of it, so sounds reasonable, as said its FREE. Thanks Dave

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts