Portsmouth-St Malo

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We are planning this crossing next summer, but a friend has told us that when they travelled overnight, they were woekn at 5am to disembark. Can anyone give as an idea of the timings on the overnight crossing from Portsmouth to St Malo.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Nick....I've done this crossing many times and of all crossings enjoyed it the most. If memory serves me right your woken at about 6:30ish (local time) in time to get off at about 8 to 8:30am. I know this might seem early but compared to the other crossings its not. If not for the fact that it costs so much I wouldn't use any other crossing. Mike

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The last time I went (2003) we sailed at 2030 BST and arrived in St Malo at 0800 French time. Sometimes they have to vary the timings at St Malo because of the tide. Maybe that was the situation that led to the 0500 wake-up call? The ferries on the western routes tend not to go at full speed all the time.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Nick, We have used this route for the past few years, it is exellent!, I cant remember what time we were called but Im sure it wasnt that early, you disembark aat about 8.15 french time and it is straight onto dual carrigeway, urban at first, if you are heading south, there is a right turn onto another dual carrigeway signed "Rennes", there is a filling station for cheap french diesal about 4-5 miles

outside St Malo, on the right, you cant miss it, with the early start. For us it is by far and away the best route, and no tolls until Nantes. We find it completely hassle free!!

We'll be using it again next year

JimF

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
timings are given on their web site. last time we used this crossing wake up time was about 6.30am; time for breakfast and shower. we drove down the ramp at about 8.00 local time.

TRENDING THREADS