Possibly a silly question!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi All

I've got a question that may possibly be a bit daft but I feel I need to get this checked out.

I have a 2 berth end bathroom Abbey Freestyle and a Panorama Suncamp porch awning. Next weekend we are going on site and we have invited 4 friends for a barbie etc - there will be 6 of us in total. Now if the weather is OK then we will be sitting outside mostley but at some point I envisage that there may be the 6 of us in the van - a bit squashed but do-able. My (silly) question is would 6 people in a 2 berth van be too heavy & put undue strain on the chassis or will it be OK for an hour or so?

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
I dont think you should be too concerned but back in 1986 I had a Ace Quartz big beast on single axle and we had a load of people in one evening as you could sit at least twelve comfortably however this was split half right at the front and half right at the back.All was fine until the lugs on the corner steady spiral stripped ( they were nylon then for a while)both rears gave way so the van shot down at the back everyone got up(sound like a joke this)and moved forward bringing the front crashing down braking the two front one as well.Easily fixed but not funny at the time.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts