Power touch classic motor mover

Apr 12, 2023
Visit site
Hi, so this weekend we managed to get our motor mover to engage and watched to try and mover the caravan. A test run if you like before going away in it this year. We found the the caravan didn't move particularly well and was unsure if it was because of the ground it was on. ( Somewhat stoney) Or if the roller were infact woren. Any tips or advice welcomed.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Make and model will help please.
Stoney ground will cause the jockey wheel to drag .Can you try it on a more even surface? My Powrtouch on my TA is markedly slow.

Dec 27, 2022
Visit site
If it's "slipping" check the distance between the rollers and the tyres should be 20mm.

How to adjust.

If it's just the jockey wheel dragging I changed mine to an inflatable tyre, made a huge difference.

Reactions: Hutch
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Mine had a problem of slower movement than normal. It was caused by water ingress into the motor terminals via split gaiters. I removed the gaiters and cleaned the contacts before fitting new gaiters. After a couple of years even the new gaiters split. So I binned them and after cleaning the contacts I covers them with electricians flexible waterproof putty, then covered the area with waterproof self amalgamating tape.

Jul 29, 2022
Visit site
Just be sure your jockey wheel assembly can turn freely in either direction.
We use a soft rubber jockey wheel now as the pnuematic type will perish prematurely when used with a motor mover.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts