Powr touch motor mover

Apr 3, 2005
Visit site
Hi all, we picked up our new Hymer Nova on tuesday, she is great!

We had a powr touch mover fitted with soft start, my query is, that the mover seems to be quite slow! (i don't expect it to tear around) but how fast should it move? any help appreciated.

Thank you, Andrew.

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi Andrew,

Enjoy your Hymer, we just love the build quality and practicality throughout the Hymer family of vans.

we have a Reich mover fitted to our Eriba Triton and the maximum speed should be around 2 kph - a noticeably slow walking pace - but at this speed you should be able to position the tow coupling above the tow ball

Robert

Apr 3, 2005
Visit site
Hi Andrew,

Enjoy your Hymer, we just love the build quality and practicality throughout the Hymer family of vans.

we have a Reich mover fitted to our Eriba Triton and the maximum speed should be around 2 kph - a noticeably slow walking pace - but at this speed you should be able to position the tow coupling above the tow ball

Robert
Thanks Robert, that sounds about right.

Thank you, Andrew.

G

Hi Andrew,

We have just taken delivery of a Hymer Nova 465 and are having a Powrtouch unit fitted on 22/5/06 at their factory. We have been told we need to have chassis strenghting plates fitted and that the mover may have to be fitted behind the axle. We had a Bailey Champagne before and our old Powrtouch is not powerfull enough to fit the new van.We had the old unit since October 2001 and it has given faithful service.

The new Hymer is brilliant and well build, we tow with an X Trail and it is a great match.There seems to be a shortage of floor vents to which to run the Powrtouch wires back to the battery. Where are your wires run and where is your isolation switch?. Which model do you have?

Thanks, Mike

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
There are at least two varieties of powrtouch mover. If you have a heavy van I suspect you may have the heavy duty model which is geared down to improve torque relative to the standard model and thus will move the van more slowly. Also speed will depend on the size of van wheel. The original movers were geared for 13" van wheels but many now have 14" and some 15"

If you do have heavy duty version, the fitting of new rollers is not quite as easy as on the standard version, as you have to get at the gearbox.

If you call Powrwheel and give them the serial number of your unit they will be able to tell you which model is fitted.

However slow, the unit is much better than others without the soft start, particularly when hitching up. I've had mine over 4 years on a 1500kg van and am delighted with both performance and service received

Apr 3, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mike, we have the 570, she is fantastic! you are right, the mover is behind the axle, the isolation box and deadman are under the lounge seat, all seems to be ok and the mover works well!

Just got back from our first weekend away, a bit wet and windy, but who cares when you are tucked up snugly in a Hymer!

Best wishes, Andrew.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Hi Andrew i have had 2 powertouch movers fitted on 2 different vans and they move very slow indeed ,but i am glad that they move slow because i have pushed the wrong button a few times and nearly shunted the van into the car .also these movers are not fool proof a few years ago i was on a sloping pitch ,and the shear pin went on one of the movers ,which meant only one wheel was engaged and one wheel was free to spin ,and so the van spun around luckily nothing was in the way ,had we been at home when it happened it would have smashed into the gate piers ,but i give powertouch there due they came out that day on the site and fixed it

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts