Powrtouch Motor Mover

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
Just had a Powertouch Mover fitted to our new caravan and must say how very impressed we are with the company (Powrwheel).

From our initial contact, through to the engineer coming out and fitting the mover, the service we received was nothing short of excellent.

Despite dreadful weather on the day the mover was fitted, the engineer remained cheerful throughout and it was obvious from the outset that he took real pride in his work. When he had finished, he took time instructing us in its use and passed on several helpful tips, as we had never used one before.

It's very good to see a company such as this being competitive in its pricing and striving to go the extra mile with customer satisfaction these days and we take our hats off to them.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Excellent news from a British company. By offering service of this magnitude they have achieved an excellent advert in recommendation. What better form of advertisment could one wish for.

Jun 5, 2005
Visit site
meals on wheels

Couldnt agree with you more

We had our mover fitted by a very nice man from Leeds who couldnt have been more professional if he had tried and friendly with it

Couldnt reccomend this company enough and from the feedback I have seen am not the only ones

Gill

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
I've got one on my new van, generally very good, but, it does not like gravel. It stalls and whines as the thing trys to apply load correctly. I guessed it might be the hard plastic nose wheel digging in making for a fast changing load, and I have since noted the manual does suggest pnumatic nose wheel tyres on gravel.

Any comments?

Chris

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have the Powrtouch with auto actuator and pneumatic nose wheel

I don't find a problem on gravel

Do you have the alloy rollers or the older ones with black friction material?

I had a problem getting the van up a very slight kerb onto the drive before I changed to the pneumatic jockey wheel

Jul 5, 2007
Visit site
Good to read your views on the mover. we are just about to purchase one but can't decide wether to go for the model 1 or the model 3 which is supposed to be more powerful. we will be moving the van up a slope and through some sharp turns onto a grassed area off our back drive.

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
I have the Powrtouch with auto actuator and pneumatic nose wheel

I don't find a problem on gravel

Do you have the alloy rollers or the older ones with black friction material?

I had a problem getting the van up a very slight kerb onto the drive before I changed to the pneumatic jockey wheel
Its only 2 weeks old with an alloy roller. I have tried a pnumatic tyre but it will not fit in the fork of my Elddis Oddasy jocky wheel tube.

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
Agree with all the positive comments here about Powrwheel. We had a Powrtouch 3 fitted in February and used it properly for the first time when we returned from our Easter holiday yesterday.

All we can say is 'WOW!'

It took 5 adults over an hour of hard labour and straining muscles to get our caravan into it's storage spot on Rob's Mum & Dad's drive when we brought it home for the first time in October. Yesterday, Rob did it on his own with Claire giving a little verbal guidance (she's good at that!) in less than 10 minutes!

This has got to be the best accessory ever designed for caravanning! If you're thinking of getting one, go for it!

Search previous threads on this forum regarding getting a pricematch from Powrtouch - we saved hundreds of pounds from the advice on here.

Mar 2, 2007
Visit site
Hi. I have just had my Powrtouch Model 3 delivered and note that the rollers are grit covered (silver). I thought these had been replaced with alloy rollers. I seem to recall problems in the past with the grit breaking down and coming off. I have e-mailed Theresa for clarification but not had a reply yet. Has anyone any comments? Henry.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Are you sure they are grit covered? We have a Powertouch 3 (bought in December) and it definitely has alloy rollers - they look as though they are covered in 'silver grit' but it's just the surface finish. (You might have been expecting to see ribs on the rollers like we were).

In the short time we have had our mover we've realised what a useful bit of kit it is - well worth the money!

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Henry, your mover rollers are NOT grit covered.

They are cast aluminium. The old style grit rollers were black in colour.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts