Powrtouch mover relay

Oct 17, 2024
Visit site
Hi! I want to relocate my ON/OFF mover switch to the nearside of my caravan the battery box has no room for a switch. The switch is currently installed under the bunk inside the caravan - very inconvenient to access! Does anyone know please the specification for the a relay and a supplier please? Powrtouch don't supply a relay anymore so I guess I'm on my own hunting for this!

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
I fitted mine at the front of my old caravan just by having longer heavy duty leads. I guess it may depend on the length you need but from memory I think I needed about 2m of each and it worked fine.

Oct 17, 2024
Visit site
Thank you. A couple of years ago Powrtouch could supply a suitable relay to allow the key switch to be further away from the control box/battery - but now PT don't do this anymore. My ideal location is nearside front, over 2m from the battery - hence my hunt for a suitable relay which seems to be rarer than the proverbial!

Aug 12, 2023
Visit site
I use 70A 12V relay with switch to activate it just inside door so I don't need to enter with legs up. Wire relay in series with MM master switch, turn master switch off when not planning to use MM for a while eg in storage or setup on site.
Any 70-100A relay will do, purchase from automotive or electronic shop.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I would agree with trevor, you are most likely to find a suitable relay from the Automotive sector. This should be easily controlled by a remote switch placed more conveniently. Just a word of warning, do not put the switch in the gas bottle locker.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I use 70A 12V relay with switch to activate it just inside door so I don't need to enter with legs up. Wire relay in series with MM master switch, turn master switch off when not planning to use MM for a while eg in storage or setup on site.
Any 70-100A relay will do, purchase from automotive or electronic shop.
I did nearly the same but without the master switch. I put my switch on the ‘A’ frame using a waterproof motorbike key switch. The key was on my car keys so I had to turn it off before I drove off. The key switch played up a bit. So I think Trevor’s location idea would be better.

John

Oct 17, 2024
Visit site
So, would you believe it...! The technical director at Powrtouch advises that the new Evolution model (as mine is) of mover DOES NOT require you to turn off the key switch unless the 'van is being left "for a long period of time" - which sounds like good practice to me. The remote looks after things I'm advised. Therefore putting the key under the bunk is no longer an inconvenience as I guess required access to it will be infrequent. I'm going this route - no relay required - no problem! PS: PT advise if you fit a relay you invalidate their guarantee.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts