Powrtouch vs Truma vs Enduro

Sep 26, 2006
Visit site
I have been offered a Powrtouch model 3 heavy duty with powrbar, Truma S or an Enduro.

The price I can get any of them for is £615 (DIY Fitting) which I believe is a V good price.

I have a 2005 Bailey Ranger 510/4 (1250 kg).

Can anyone give me any advise on which to go for !

Thanks...

Apr 26, 2005
Visit site
Hi Nick,

Go for the powrtouch, their backup service is superb and their warranty is 'no quibble' (either 3 or 5 years - I'm not sure which) and of course they are British.

Ron

Mar 3, 2008
Visit site
"Go for the powrtouch, their backup service is superb"

That remains to be seen now, Ron, since Truma have taken over Powrtouch.
Hi

Ive been reading the post and I have got the same problem which one to go for, I liked the idea of the Truma SE which engages at a touch of the button because I am just waiting for a operation on my back no one has mentioned the cheapest one the Enduro does any one have any comments

Thanks

Phil

Feb 11, 2007
Visit site
Hi

I fitted an Enduro to my Lunar Solaris and can confirm it does everything it says on the tin. It is well engineered and easy to apply via by a bevel gear system. The roller are also cast aluminium and make short work out of grit caught in the tyre treads. Customer service is good Pupleline replaced an actuator handle in three days. On another forum a poster had good advice over a faulty hand control and it was replaced within three day again. You can get an Enduro for less than

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Hi.

I have a rhyno motor mover by dr caravan fitted did what it

said would do very helpful guys too.

got them off the web her is there web site for you all.

www.caravandoctor.bravehost.com

mark.

Mar 29, 2004
Visit site
Hi

After having first hand experience of Powertouch's back up and Engineering department and their commitment to customer satisfaction for me it has to be Powertouch, you will not be disappointed. You only want to buy one mover so buy the best. They will not price match an Enduro because it's not like for like from an engineering point of view. Say no more.

Mar 4, 2008
Visit site
We have a the 'old style' Truma Euromover fitted and can't complain about it. It was originally fitted to my Elddis Typhoon GTX, then Elddis Crusader Typhoon, and now it's fited to my Coachman Pastiche 470/2. Each time we have changed vans the dealer has always moved it across without a problem.

I can't comment on the 'after care' as since the man came from CMI to fit it at home, we have had no problems what so ever.

I much prefer things to be right first time, rather than good customer service when things go wrong.

Dec 22, 2007
Visit site
Interested in this topic, why do Powrtouch NEED to give a five year warrenty when Truma only give two years, unsure about Enduro!! must agree with the previous reply from "David". I also have a Truma motor mover, three years old (soft start plus cross actuation bar) purchased new on ebay for

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Powrtouch do not "NEED" to give a 5 year warranty, they choose to do so.

You say in your post "contacted Truma and they were very helpful, module was posted to them and as it was being tested on "their test bed" they contacted to inform me it was perfect. When refitting module I found the problem to be a loose wire connection to a wheel motor."

So, YOU had to remove the module and post it away for testing, wait for it to come back and then refit it.

With Powrtouch a single phone call would have set the system running and an engineer would have come to your caravan, wherever it was, checked the system out, fitted any part needing changing and made sure it was all working properly before leaving, all at no cost to you, apart from the phone call, and with you having to do absolutely nothing yourself, apart from tell them there was a problem.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Brianr,

I've had both Truma and Powrtouch. Powrtouch everytime.

Dad in laws Truma broke in Scotland last year. A drive wheel fell off, not assembled corectly at factory. A few phone calls and a lovely lady at Truma rang us, took the details and posted a new wheel and fixings to our site at Ullapool, arrived next day. Very good service but not hands on like Powrtouch.

Powrtouch would have attended in person.

Truma dominated the scene for a number of years and I think they lost the edge to Powrtouch who in my opinion put their money where their mouth is.

Cheers

Alan

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I've posted this many times but will do so again if it saves people money.

I have a Truma and a arm fractured. No problem said the engineer, Truma will send one in a couple of days. That's what he thought. Truma told him that they were closed for 2 weeks stocktaking and nothing goes in or out of the factory.

What time of the year was this? July, the height of the holiday season. Due to not being able to get the caravan off the drive we had to cancel a week away in Sussex.

I've heard nothing but praise about PowrTouch and these would have been the choice for my next van but sadly I've heard that Truma have their fingers in the PowrTouch pie and it looks as though another British firm with an excellent record bites the dust.

Next thing to happen is Truma closing down PowrTouch as they did Carver.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Interested in this topic, why do Powrtouch NEED to give a five year warrenty when Truma only give two years, unsure about Enduro!! must agree with the previous reply from "David". I also have a Truma motor mover, three years old (soft start plus cross actuation bar) purchased new on ebay for

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
LB

This is a sacrilage!

I will report Truma to the Monopolies Commission.

Chelsea tried to buy every good player available just to deprive the opposition in my view. As a Villan I would say that.

Seriously I hope the Truma thing never happens.

Cheers

AlansERIOUSLY THE tRUMA THING I SNEWS TO ME AND i HOP

Mar 29, 2004
Visit site
Whoops ignore bit after Alan
Hi

As I understand it talking to the chaps on the Powertouch stand at the recent NEC show the major share holder in Truma has bought into Powertouch but the companies are to be run independently but sharing technology.

Mar 29, 2004
Visit site
Hi

As I understand it talking to the chaps on the Powertouch stand at the recent NEC show the major share holder in Truma has bought into Powertouch but the companies are to be run independently but sharing technology.

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
HI! Nick duggie again remember you will have to change your battery 4 a larger size alot of companies do not tell you this if you have to use your mover for more than a few minutes your battery will run out of power up it to 110amps then you can use it for about 40/50 minutes

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
It is quite miss leading to say that you "will have to change you battery for a larger size" to use mover and that anything less than a 110Amp-hour [not 110 Amps] will be unsuitable for "more than a few seconds".

The torque from the mover and thus its strength has noting to do with the batteries capacity. A 75, 80 or 110 Amp-hour battery will produce exactly the same mover torque.

It is true that a 110 Amp-hour battery will continue to do this for longer than a smaller battery, but its all proportional.

If a 110 Amp-hour does in fact last for 45 minutes use then a 90 Amp-hour will last for 38 minutes. Most certainly not a few minutes.

Many of use need to be weight conscious and so there is absolutely no need to upgrade to a huge battery, unless there are special circumstances demanding a great deal of manoeuvring and or the inability to recharge afterwards.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts