Powrwheel classic motor movers

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
My Classic even with a new battery had problems. It turned out to be that the battery was not held tightly enough against the contacts. I got a small piece of kitchen roll and wound it up then inserted it such that it pushed the battery harder against the terminals. Its been okay now for three years. Reminds me that battery should be changed for this year.

Reactions: Denisel

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Does it need re-pairing? This works like a reboot and can often improve the link quality.
John

Can it really make much difference?
I thought these links worked "digitally", so either work or don't.
Not that "trying" it does any harm, just not seeing how it can help in an intermittent type fault case.

I suggest checking if the control box's aerial is not bent, but stretched out straight, and know where I stand using the handset can be a factor, the more so I suspect if the aerial's performance is not as intended.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Can it really make much difference?
I thought these links worked "digitally", so either work or don't.
Not that "trying" it does any harm, just not seeing how it can help in an intermittent type fault case.

I suggest checking if the control box's aerial is not bent, but stretched out straight, and know where I stand using the handset can be a factor, the more so I suspect if the aerial's performance is not as intended.

Yes, it makes can make a massive difference. If the digital information gets corrupted this can be misinterpreted or ignored by the receiver. The signal could be infra red, radio or perhaps even Bluetooth.

My Virgin remote was poor and changed daily. I needed an engineer to fix some pixilation, he re-paired my remote. A very big difference.

Next week they will be improving my system to their new ‘360’. They will use the same set top box and by reprogramming alone, double the HD size and move to radio remote signal. This will work from a much further distance and does not need line of site.

I know what you mean about digital either works or not. But the picture pixilation I still get, is to do with a deteriorating signal or poor connection. Yet you may think that that would be either working or not. They are now hoping my software upgrade will cure the problem. If not, they will have to relay may cable to the road.

I agree with the aerial. On one van I drilled a 2mm hole through the floor and passed the aerial through. I then taped it to the underside of the van. That gave some improvement. I think my current Truma mover is radio, and does not suffer the same issues.

John

PS I might not be completely correct about infra red an radio signals. But the principle of making sure they are paired remains true.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I thought the Powrtouch Classic was a radio remote. Infrared wouldn’t be any use as with the remote outside and the power supply board and receiver inside it would have a real problem detecting IR.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I thought the Powrtouch Classic was a radio remote. Infrared wouldn’t be any use as with the remote outside and the power supply board and receiver inside it would have a real problem detecting IR.

I think you are correct, but the pairing principle is the same.

John

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
If the model you have is old enough to have the umbilical cable feature, use that so completely sidestepping any "tuning" or radio connection issues.

Manuals, with "tuning" guidance can be downloaded from their website, support page LINK , but only back to the 2013 Classic model.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Denisel, I suspect your problem lies elsewhere . Each motor on the mover has two cables, live and earth. They live in a very filthy , wet corrosive environment by the wheels.
I suggest you remove each cable to motor connection, thoroughly clean all surfaces. I like to use electrical contact spray on both the male and female parts of the connection. Ensure the spade is a tight fit when replaced. If not crimp it up a bit. Hope this works

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts