Practical Caravan Overseas Rally 2013

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I think that details are to be given in the February issue (out next month) of Practical Caravan magazine Charles.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
I have just spoken to Select Sites who organise the Rallys for the PC Magazine, which we have attended for the past 3 years. Nothing has been arranged at this time, but they are having a meeting with PC shortly. They confirmed there probably will be a rally in September, but the Spring one is not so sure. This is disappointing as we have been waiting for this information, as we always extend our time in Europe, before and after the Rally. For this to be in the magazine for next month, they need to get a move on, we had completed our payment for last years Spring Rally by this time last year.
We have made many friends on the Rallies and recommend them to all, as they offer great value, with many coach tours visiting interesting places, especially the Wine Tastings.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Further to my earlier mail, I can confirm that Jonathon Will's of Select Sites is due to have a meeting with PC Magazine at the NEC Caravam Exhibition this week, so hoepfully something positive will come of it. It looks like it is too late to have a Spring Rally, which is sad, as we enjoyed visiting Nordwijk in Holland last year.

Regards,
George

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Really disappointed that nothing arranged so far. We were hoping for a june/early july rally to France, but this is obviously not going to happen, so will have to do our own thing. What a shame.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Hello Charles,
Apparently the PC people want to have more control over the rally than in previous years, when it was organised by Select Sites, who, in my opinion, did a great job. It appears that the new Editor is making changes, and it has been mooted that a site north of La Rochelle may be in the offing. I know that most people on last years rally where talking about looking to go to the Anecy region of France, which was an area not many had been to. If La Rocelle is the chosen area, I feel that many who have supported the rally over the last 3 /4 years will have visited already, and therefore it would not be a first choice for them.
I do think the magazine needs to inform people shortly, we have been holding back making plans for the Spring in anticipation of a rally, in the belief they would run another one, similar to last year. We have also not been able to start thinking about our late, longer holiday, incorporated into the rally, for the same reason.
Hope this info is useful.
Best regards,
George

TRENDING THREADS